Error of % + digits?

You speak for all of the UK? My my, what delusions of grandeur. And who are you to try to enforce the exclusive use of British English in a newsgroup?

Do you realise that that sentence itself is a condensed form? Still Skitt's Law.

Reply to
Pimpom

Who are you talking to? Learn to quote.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

The /Einstein/ who posted the comment is a google groups idiot:

Of course he has no idea how to quote.

Reply to
Feather Duster

It might be easier for them, but it's easier for you if they tell you what you're getting. 4mm^2 wire is twice as much metal as 2mm^2 wire. Twice as strong if it supports something, twice as much current carrying capabilities, half the voltage drop, etc.

Ah. I'm a skinflint, I do the modifying myself.

We need architects like that. The number of houses I've seen where you can't pass a sofa into the house! On two occasions, a window was removed!

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I wonder if I should filter on that header, or would that remove 50% of posts?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

There are 133 posts in this thread.

Thirteen of those 133 posts contain the google groups header.

So 9.8% of the posts in this thread came from google groups.

So no, filtering on it would not remove 50% of posts. If the statstics from this thread hold over the group, filtering would remove about 10% of posts.

Reply to
Feather Duster