Type K Thermocouple probe question

Hello,

I receive a what I thin k is a Thermocouple probe with my clampmeter I am not 100% sure how to connect it, I posted a picture of the device:

can someone explain to me how to plug into the meter, the clamp meter is of K-type

thanks

lerameur

"lerameur"

** Yep - that is a K-type probe all right.
** K-type clap meters are a bit of a rarity.

Just like E-type Jaguars are today.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Hello,

I receive a what I thin k is a Thermocouple probe with my clampmeter I am not 100% sure how to connect it, I posted a picture of the device:

can someone explain to me how to plug into the meter, the clamp meter is of K-type

thanks

lerameur

I mean do you need an adapter? the thing is at home now, but I will look around the device if there is any input for it. The clamp meter is a TPI 275.. I just bought it new

ken

Reply to
lerameur

--
RTFM:

http://www.testproductsintl.com/products/clamp-on/275/275manual.pdf

Page 25.

JF
Reply to
John Fields

Look at the end of the clamp meter. its there some where, it should slide into a receptacle that matches what you have then, you must move the selector to to the temperature setting.

It's also possible you should have had an adapter that plugs into your normal jacks that accepts this unit.

"

Reply to
Jamie

If you meter is compatible, it will have a matching socket.

Otherwise buy a new meter. The cheap Asian ones often have K-type inputs and are surprisingly accurate for the $20-25 they cost.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Clamp meters are for measuring current not temperature. Some high end ones might have a k-type input but generally clamp meters are application specific.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

LORD ABOVE !

Do kids learn nothing including how to read and comprehend these days ? I Despair. Asia will make mincemeat of us within 20 years if this continues. They VALUE education there.

Already I suspect I may possibly soon be in China explaining to their engineers how to design competently because no-one cares any more in the west.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

ter

.

west.

ok found it, there was a small input k type on the front of the meter which I did not see. it works good

lerameur

If you look at your meter, you will see two slots above the top left corner of the digital display. The slots are marked "Type K" and your probe connector can go in only one way. Your probe is a K type.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

west.

Get better eyes lest tomorrow a Chinaman takes your job from you.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore