Solder these 2 wires while being able to slip the shrink tubing over the soldered connection

I would like to learn how to solder these 2 wires while being able to slip the shrink tubing over the soldered connection.

Thanks.

AK
|_|O|_| Github: https://github.com/dpurgert
|_|_|O| PGP: DDAB 23FB 19FA 7D85 1CC1  E067 6D65 70E5 4CE7 2860
Reply to
Dan Purgert

Thanks.

Lineman splice looks pretty neat.

Does it work with stranded wire as well?

Andy

Reply to
AK

It does

in cases where the the wire isulation is too thin to hide the bulge caused by the splice I just overlap the wires and bind them together with a fine wire before soldering.

In the photo I see the green heatsink on the black wire it should probably be pushed further away from the join before soldering, but as the black wire is fatter than the white (clear?) wire the heatshrink will probably still be usable if it does start to shrink.

--
  Jasen.
Reply to