BUFFALO error messages

Greetings,

I'm not very familiar with the Motorola 68HC11 but am teaching a course
using it.  What does it mean when BUFFALO gives an error message such as
"ROM 2000" or "ROM 1384"?  I don't recall the circumstances under which the
error was displayed (I'm working from old notes about what is wrong with
some of our defective EVBUs).  Easy to fix?

Thanks!

Re: BUFFALO error messages

Looking at this asm listing (line 635 and beyond):
 http://www.ecse.rpi.edu/courses/CStudio/hc11/buf34.lst

It appears that this is a memory write/read-back error (most commonly
an attempted write to ROM, I guess they assumed, hence the error name).

Re: BUFFALO error messages

Hey thanks for posting that. I have a class with the HC11 and the
BUFFALO monitor. My professors wanted us to ask for it instead of
making it freely available.

-Isaac

Re: BUFFALO error messages

Thanks!  I should add that this occurs with programs that work correctly on
other EVBUs.  So I'm guessing defective static RAM chips.

Re: BUFFALO error messages

Line 4622 actually seems to be the place.  Thanks!

Site Timeline