Electronics WorkBench Purchase?

I found a site on the web that disposes of software, one of the products is a complete version of Electronics WorkBench. I am trying to find if it's student, etc. It's version 7, which is "the last version". Any comments if I can get this for a few hundred dollars?

--
Jim Douglas
http://www.genesis-software.com

LT Spice is free and much better. EWB is mediocre at best; I dumped it long ago when I found lethal bugs and dishonest business practices.

John

If it isn't Spice compatible, leave it. You might be better of by downloading LTSpice anyway.

--
Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

I though they were offering him a few hundred dollars to take it away. LT Spice (or SuperSpice if you prefer it and will pay a little) is the way to go for most people.

\'What is a Moebius strip?\'
John Woodgate

I have to agree with this:-)

I am still staggered that anyone uses EWB. It is truly dreadful.

Kevin Aylward snipped-for-privacy@anasoft.co.uk

SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture, Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

Reply to
Kevin Aylward

I Totally Agree that EWB, SUCKS. It is about the most useless program I have ever bought and it cost me almost $1000.00 for the Professional Version.

Rikard Bosnjakovic wrote:

it

bad

Reply to
chemelec

They sent me a brochure trying to sell me their microwave version because "Spice doesn't work above 100 MHz"

No, I'm not making this up!

John

I use it for drawing my circuits and do basic testing. I don't find it that dreadful, but then I'm not an EE either so I can't say what's so bad about it.

-- Rikard Bosnjakovic

Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to my address will be charged $250 for network traffic and computing time. By extracting address from this message or its header, you agree to these terms.

Reply to
Rikard Bosnjakovic

Illegal, too!

They changed the name from EWB to Multisim to screw the people who bought EWB with promised lifetime free upgrades.

Why not get LT Spice for free?

John

Bloody amazing. I try and restrict my vacuous marketing claims to:

"The leading professional standard for ease of use and functionality in affordable analogue and mixed-mode simulation software."

The reason being is, that I *personally* don't think any others are "easy to use", so mine must be the leading one:-)

Anything that is subjective is game for anyone to cliam!