Downloading

. .

Apparently.

*.windows.*+ingroup:*.ie6.*+download+OR+downloading

Reply to
JeffM

There are many places to get this info. here is just one ;

FWIW there have been many issues with ME and IE6.

Reply to
Tom Biasi

Grow a brain.

Reply to
JeffM

This might be a trifle OT but I can't think of anywhere else to try and get an answer. My problem is I am unable to download any files on my PC - using Windows ME and IE6. I have checked all the 'options' and my firewall settings, and nothing appears to be disabled. I can access sites but not download files - such as a PDF file - I just get a message saying that Explorer is unable to open the site. Anyone got any ideas?

Reply to
Barney

Your problem was "Windows" and the 1st thing you thought was "electronics". You're too stupid to be allowed near a computer.

Reply to
JeffM

Why don't you FOAD, you pathetic twat.

Reply to
Barney

Thank's for your help, I'll try that.

Reply to
Barney

Oh dear, what a devastating put down. Does your mommy know her ickle boy's playing on the 'puter again?

Reply to
Barney

Actually my problem is with Explorer, not 'Windows' but that's not the point. I regularly subscribe to this ng, and thought someone here might be able to point me in the right direction. Why on earth that should bother you I don't know - what's your problem?

Reply to
Barney

if your using Nortons Antivirus i would look there first. and i would look to make sure you are not using a proxy that is filtering you.

--
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

Ya both sound like regular dweebs !!

--
Regards ......... Rheilly Phoull
Reply to

be

you

I disabled my anti-virus software to check if it was that, but it made no difference. How do I check the other thing?

Reply to
Barney

get

using

Sometimes the problem is due to an overly aggresive pop up blocker.

Reply to
Joe Smith

Thanks for your help. I've tried overriding that, by pressing the control key, but I still cannot download.

Reply to
Barney

You're still stupid. Explorer = Windows Explorer = EXPLORER.EXE Explorer != Internet Explorer Internet Explorer = IEXPLORE.EXE .

. .

Refusing to admit you're stupid doesn't make you any less stupid. This is not a Windows newsgroup. (I'll bet you would fish for trout in the bathtub

--not because that's the best place to catch trout-- but because you know what a bathtub is.) You're still stupid.

Reply to
JeffM

and

not

For the benefit of those that tried to help me with this problem, I thought I would update you on the outcome. The problem turned out to be a corrupt file in Explorer, which I have disabled, and I have now switched to Mozilla Firefox. Everything is working fine. I know the subject was not OT - as I said at the outset - so thanks to everyone who helped (and a Happy New Year to the miserable bastard who didn't!).

Reply to
Barney

Have you forgotten to take your medication again?

Reply to
Barney

Why do you think there are thousands of different newsgroups? There's really no point in asking how mammals reproduce in newgroup alt.fans.montypython. Just as much reason there is to ask about Windows-problems in sci.electronics.basics.

--
Sincerely,                      |                http://bos.hack.org/cv/
Rikard Bosnjakovic              |         Code chef - will cook for food

Don't be so absurd, you pompous prat - aren't computers electronic equipment? Just because it was a software problem, as opposed to a hardware problem, doesn't mean it is completely unconnected. Someone had a problem with programming an EPROM a while back, I (quite rightly) didn't see anyone jumping in to tell him it was a software problem so bugger off elsewhere. For God's sake, what on earth is wrong with some of you small-minded nit-pickers (I suppose that's what wrong, thinking about it!).

Reply to
Barney

There's no point in trying to teach a pig to sing: it doesn't work and it irritates the pig.

As this thread has demonstrated repeatedly, Barney was stupid Saturday, is stupid today, and will still be stupid tomorrrow.

If Dubya is the metric, Barney will make a very popular President one day.

Reply to
JeffM