digital question

Hello,

I am trying to do a didigtal circuit, I need help detemrining the initial value. I have 3 batteries, and my circuit will make sure to use only one and charge the other two. Once it is going it is fine. But initially, all three batteries are charged, I would I make the circuit so that from 3 high it gives only 1 high, then it does a sequestial count . So input: output A or outputB or outputC

1 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 0 1 How would I make the circuit so that I get ANY of the three output to start with. (in the output ; 1= supplying and 0=charging)

thanks

ken

Reply to
ken O

If you are concerned at power on then you need some kind of power on preset to set the initial condition. How you do it depends on the hardware you are using.

If your concern is something happening when circuit is operating you could detect AB, BC, AC and OR them to a preset so that you could insure there was never more than one circuit active.

Dan

Reply to
Dan H

It is for the initial reading. There is no hardware yet beside the batteries and source

ken

Reply to
ken O

On Mon, 22 May 2006 10:54:24 -0400, "ken O"

Reply to
John Fields

Hi , I did not think all this info was useful. I just wanted a concept in digital logic. This circuit will then control the power used in the load. I mean I was planning to use car batteries (12v), to supply a 1hp motor. so 1 battery supplying the load ( motor), once it isdown to 11.5 (using comparator) it switches to charging mode from a charger, and the motor changes battery for its supply. that simple Some of you may think it is stupid, why dont i use a household 120v ac directly etc etc. but that is not what I want. ken

Reply to
ken O

On Mon, 22 May 2006 14:16:42 -0400, "ken O"

Reply to
John Fields

Reply to
John Fields

I know I have more to deal with , but I just need help with the initial selection, See the circuit will need to randomly choose between any of the three batteries, then there is a normalsequential count. It is the first part that is giving me trouble, how does it select one of the battery to start with? when I say start with it means it uses it as the source, while the other two goes to the charger.

ken

Reply to
ken O

Sorry, I dont understand the ascii coded diagram

ken

Reply to
ken O

On Mon, 22 May 2006 19:38:29 -0400, "ken O"

Reply to
John Fields

On Mon, 22 May 2006 19:31:14 -0400, "ken O"

Reply to
John Fields

ya right :)

I am analyzing, your circuit now, actually trying to read following your input now.

ken

Reply to
Bob19

Sorry i was using my brother's laptop and his name was there.

by the way , is there a web site describing ascii coded circuit liek the one you did. I am still not able to figure it out.

ken

Reply to
Ken O

On Tue, 23 May 2006 09:30:35 -0400, "Ken O"

Reply to
John Fields

How to read it

ken O

Reply to
Ken O

Hi, Ken. Select the text of the ASCII schematic with your mouse, and then copy it to the clipboard.

Open M$ Notepad, and paste it into the Notepad document.

ASCII diagrams are dependent on a fixed spacing between letters, like in Courier font or system font like Notepad. With fixed spacing, everything lines up.

Good luck Chris

Reply to
Chris

wow.. ok I feel stupid now... thanks for the tip

ken

Reply to
Ken O

Hi

you are right John. But I wantd to figure that out by myself. I did just now, I have built 3 small circuits now that I have to combine. Basically the circuit you did before was the Battery selector. I finished the circuit for the other boxes. Now its the hooking up together that I am confused. Here is my confusion: The battery is selected from the circuit, the comparator tells the counter to do the switch. So lets suppose the three outputs in your schematic is the tricker for the power to flow fromt he battery to the motor. How would I make the counter change the output of the Battery selector circuit without changing its input.

here is a rough drawing of the whole bang:

------------- ------------ |comparator |-----| Switcher | | | |------------ ------------- | | | | ---| | | -------------- | -------------------- | Battery 1 | ---- | Battery selector |--- |------------| | |------------------| | | | | | | | \\| | BJT-- |----------------------- | / | | | to motor

-------------- -------------------- | Battery 2 | --- | Battery selector |-------- |------------| | |------------------| | | | | | | | \\| | BJT-- |----------------------- | / | | | to motor

Reply to
Ken O

Actually, to add to this, ,maybe add and J K flip flop, so that each time the comparator turns on (when the battery voltage is getting too low0 the would be the clock of the flip flop ??

ken O

Reply to
Ken O

On 2006-05-23, Ken O