Coprocessor

Hi, my can controller is attached to my microcontrolled over several pins. I allready have procedures to access the registers of the can controller. How do i realized memory mapped IO ??

Regards Thorsten

Reply to
Thorsten Kiefer

Tell us the IC part numbers.

Most common microcontrollers don't support memory mapping of external IO devices.

If your microcontroller supports external memory mapped IO then you need to read the datasheet that describes exactly how it works. You may need address decoding logic, that depends on the details of the can controller. If the can controller only has a typical I2C style interface then making it memory mapped might require significant extra logic to make it IO mapped and probably would not be a worthwile thing to do.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Infineon XC164CM-16ff and Bosch CC770.

I found out, that the CM-version has no external mem-controller. But the CS-version has one. Bad luck for me ;)

Thanks, Bob

Bob wrote:

Reply to
Thorsten Kiefer

Treat your IO devices like memory locations.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise