XC6SLX150 Coprocessor Modules

Two new FPGA coprocessor modules released today. The initial availability will be modules based on a Xilinx Spartan-6 XC6SLX150 FPGA although we may offer these products with either a XC6SLX45 or XC6SLX75 options depending on demand. Both products have a battery slot to support bitstream encryption on Spartab-6 devices that support that feature. Both products are based on our simple DIL Header format (0.1 inch 2.54mm pitch) and can be either used as add-ons to simple circuit boards or as add-on capability to many of our existing development boards.

The X1 Coprocessor consists of a single XC6SLX150 with 2 independent

1Gbit DDR memories supported using the hard core memory controllers of the Spartan-6. The module has features allowing remotely controlled reconfiguration and some I/O for data passing over single ended, or LVDS, I/O. The module also has on board regulators and can operate from a sinle 3.3V supply. Picture of this product

The X2 differs from the X2 in not supporting DDR3. This product does offer 2x XC6SLX150 FPGAs for a variety of HPC type applications. Remotely controlled reconfiguartion again is possible as is bitstream encryption. The X2 can run from either a single 3.3V supply or a dual

5V/3.3V feed for higher power applications. Picture of this product

Both products are immediately available in low numbers with larger numbers in 1-2 months time.

John Adair Enterpoint Ltd.

Reply to
John Adair

Very nice... I didn't see a product brief or data sheet. Can you tell me how many I/O's are available on the DIL pins?

Regards, Gabor

Reply to
Gabor

The XC6SLX150 X1 module has 32 single ended or 16 LVDS pairs of general I/O. The rest of the pins are external programming interface and power.

The XC6SLX150 X2 has 20 single ended or 10 LVDS pairs of general I/O per FPGA. The balance are programming interface, power and 8 pins that go to the control CPLD that is on-board. The later can be used for a range of options including driving the onboard JTAG chain or forcing and controlling a reconfiguration etc.. Between the FPGAs there is 38 I/O connections.

If you are looking for an I/O rich solution for adding to your PCB these probably are not the best products for those applications. These are really aimed at reconfigurable computing or HPC applications and biggest use will be as add-ons to our existing development boards. Do have a look at our existing Craignell2-48 (46 I/O), Darnaw1 (219 I/O) products for the PCB add-on requirement. Not well known but we also sell our Prog4 cable board as a stand alone board offering I/O on a USB interface. It has a Spartan-3 50AN on it for simple applications. There will also be a Darnaw2 module for high I/O apps. This is based on Spartan-6 but no dates for this yet. That really depends on our highly loaded design team having some spare time just to do it.

We should be adding some more information to the website in the next few days. Probably the schematic and a feature list initially but other things like CPLD source code as well for the X2 will appear in a few weeks. We have some basic builds for this already but they need to be combined properly for customer use.

John Adair Enterpo> John Adair wrote:

.
.

ll