clocked-synchronous state machine analysis

hi, i have problem in clocked synchronous state machine analysis in which im not able to analyse the timing diagrams correctly and along with this i need help in understanding the following things like setup time, hold time........etc.

Reply to
karu

Either that, or try reading the textbook (preferably before the material is covered in class, so you're ready to ask questions after the lecture). This is where you earn the degree.

Good luck Chris

Reply to
Chris

--- I can't help you with your interpretation of timing diagrams, but setup time is how long you have to wait after the input signal goes true (or false) before you can exercise the clock and expect the output to follow the input, and hold time is how long, after the clock goes true, you have to hold the input signal in the state it was in before the clock went true in order for the output to follow the input.

-- John Fields Professional Circuit Designer

Reply to
John Fields

Reply to
karu

hello sir, this is karu again.....sir currently im in final year of my graduation in electronics and could u give me some more information(books,websites...etc) dealing with basics of digital electronics and also give me information like what a company expects from fresh electronic engineers like me..........

Reply to
karu

Well, I would expect them to know what setup and hold times mean (to say nothing of being able to predict the output of a FSM).

So - final year of what level in electronics?

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

I would expect that you could find the answers to question such as these without help

Dan

-- Dan Hollands

1120 S Creek Dr Webster NY 14580
Reply to
Dan Hollands

final year in micro electronics stream.........................

Reply to
karu

At what level? A degree granting institution? Diploma? You don't say.

One of the things I was taught was where and how to look for information (in those prehistoric days before internet and even usenet), which is still a good thing to know [tm]. It's the willingness to go and look for (and parse) raw information to get meaningful results that is one sign of a decent education (even, perhaps especially, if it was an education outside of university walls!) to say nothing of garnering a little respect. That's not to say we don't expect questions, but we do expect people to do at least a little of the legwork first, so they know what question(s) to ask.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

You're about to graduate, and they didn't teach you any of this stuff?

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

sir they hav teached us but i want some more information........

Reply to
karu

Well, in general most companies looking to hire new engineers will expect better written communication skills than you're demonstrating here. Apologies if this is due to English not being your first language - unfortunately, I've come to expect about this same level of writing from college graduates who are supposedly native speakers of English.

Bob M.

Reply to
Bob Myers