Cold Fusion Reactor needs Power Supply Help !

Hi - I need a 160 VDC 1KVA 4A Power Supply (is how it is termed in the

instructions) , and I am ignorant about 'either or both' VARIACS and Isolated Transformers. (I have a 110VAC Variac and I use it, but not in the case of Isolated Transformers)

I am fairly adept with Electricity and Wiring,,,, and I am sure I could wind a Transfomer, as long as I knew it was the right one, and had some clear instruction.

I have been looking for ones to buy, but I dont know if one is the right item, if I dont know what the other is to combine them both.......

I would like to use 110V to begin with, even though I have 220V up to

440V available........

Does anyone know an economical way to render one of these, kit or instructions availble somewhere ? So much jargon is so vague and general, that it is not meant for the unexperienced.

thanks for your support

Reply to
Omicron

Think about what you're doing. You claim to be "fairly adept with Electricity and Wiring," yet you don't know the difference between a Variac and an isolation transformer, both of which are devices that any first-year electronics hobbyist should know about.

Couple that with the fact that you're trying to put together a device of questionable integrity (a cold-fusion reactor? Get real!) from what sound like equally questionable instructions.

Sounds to me like you either got conned, or you're trying out for the Darwin Awards. Perhaps both...?

OK, I'm leaning more towards 'Darwin Awards Candidate' after seeing that.

unexperienced.

That's exactly right. If you value your time in this world, I would strongly recommend that you become EXperienced, in terms of college courses and labwork, before you go any farther.

Said experience should also save some stress on your pocketbook, as the knowledge you gain will help prevent you from being further taken in by those hucksters who prey on the electronics beginner.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee

It may be easier going down this route to fision rather than fusion

N Cook

Yes...perhaps you should take a lesson from that.

--
St. John
All theoretical chemistry is really physics;
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
St. John Smythe

Your question makes absolutely no sense whatsoever- there is no substitution "either or both" for variac and isolation transformer. Re-post with the instructions verbatim and stop trying to redact information you have no chance of understanding.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

160VDC suggests a DC power supply is what you want. 1KVA suggests an AC power source.

It could be that the instructions you have are hard to follow because they are, quite simply, nonsense. Did you pay money for them?

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

W2227 SYSTRON DONNERM5C 160-8 O VDC POWER SUPPLY SUPER MERCURY POWER SUPPLY, 0 TO 160 VDC / 0 TO 8 AMPS, CV, CC, METERS $400

Reply to
CWatters

I am merely repeating the instructions as have been given to me, by a person who does not speak english. From a well accomplished project that has numerous working models and videos !

I think the ones we should really be worried about is people who stalk these news groups to prevert naive people looking for a little bit of guidance and support. Any real Scientists, would be eager to help people which is what these News Groups are supposed to be about......... instead of prowling around and collecting websites, about peoples misfortunes, (if not actually being responsible for making them up) If there ever was anyone who offered their support, things like that would have never happened in the first place, and everyone would probably have Hydrogen Powered Homes and Vehicles years ago and not be sucking exhaust pipes, or being witless victims of societies dictation

I found the instructions and a kit (which is what I have been asking for), for about 100$ ......... most of you people are only speculating something you dont know jack shit about .............

as for the rest,,,,,, I also thank everyone here that has given their support and make this group for what it is about ! thanks for your encouragement

Reply to
Omicron

Uh huh. Sure. Pull the other one, really...

*PLONK!*
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee

thats a fairly senseless spec.

uh-oh

if you think the above is a fair spec, youre not adept enough.

you need to know what psu you need first. 160vdc 4A 1kVA makes no sense.

Most economical is a bridge rectifier, reservoir cap on 110v. But as thats unisolated, it may be totally unsuitable. You'd need to know what it is you need first, else you may wind up frying yourself.

exactly

theyre supporting you staying alive rather than supporting you achieving your foolhardy goal.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

You're an idiot.

The hydrogen economy is a vacuous wate of time fuelled as it is by hydrocarbon interests.

You don't know your left from your right and it shows.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

My guess is he needs and adjustable power supply but I agree the spec is inconsistant. I think 110V 1:1 isolating transformers are available - what do they use on building sites?

Reply to
CWatters

--
Of what? Failures?

Surely nothing reproducible.
Reply to
John Fields

Now, don't hold back, John; how do you really feel about this poor ignorant soul? ;-)

Richard Seriani

Reply to
Richard

I dont know about the US. But whatever he/she builds isnt going anywhere anyway. If the OP demonstrated any valid knowledge or were able to respond with fair points I'd accept an extremely remote pico-glimmer of hope. But without that, as most of us know, OP's dead in the water. Paying $100 for worthless paper that says build a 1kva HT supply is just a recipe for a Darwin.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

How would you know if you /had/ proved the existence of cold fusion using this kit?

--
http://www.niftybits.ukfsn.org/

remove \'n-u-l-l\' to email me. html mail or attachments will go in the spam
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Andy Baxter

RCDs / GFCBs (same thing different acronym

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Another way of looking at it is that there are some 250 million people in the US alone. Let's say 5% are believers of cold fusion and other like-thinking technologies. Maybe only 5% of these are determined enough, like yourself, to get the goods. So (you can correct my math if you like) some 625,000 people should have the goods and be able to say to the world that you were all right and the rest of us will be gob-smacked and change to hydrogen power.

Yet it hasn't happened. Hmmmm.

Watch out for that power supply, it's lethal.

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

You would die of radiation poisoning from the neutron flux. ;-P

--
Cheers!
Rich
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Rich The Newsgroup Wacko

Well perhaps you are right. If they can't sort out the power supply on their own how will they manage the tricky calorimetry?

Reply to
CWatters