Beginning Oscilloscope Question

Since all the other posts haven't seemed to get you anywhere, find someone in your local community who knows how to use a scope and ask for their help. Suggested sources: vo-tech, commmunity college, ham radio operators, TV shop. Check the yellow pages. Google ARRL to find local Hams. Post the city you live in and there may even be someone on this newgroup who could help you. Someone will at least be able to tell you if you bought a defective piece of equipment.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Seriani

That's good advice and I will try doing that. In the past I've looked and unfortunately the only electronics hobby store isn't open on the weekends and not open during the evenings during the week. As I work full time, I've never been able to make it over there. I'm actually a ham radio operator, although I got my license 13 years ago and haven't done anything with it since (except renew the license).

I'm in South East Minnesota.

Reply to
rpsommers

If there is a beam finder, is it off?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

An incorrect fact. Your deal is between buyer and seller. Some sellers are good. Some are crooks. Have you ever had a car repaired?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

check the back of your scope to make sure it wasn't set up for X Y mode. It may had been used for plotting curves against an oscillator reference and number reconfigured.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

I don't know that scope a lot how ever, he did say he lost the ability to move the vertical trace up and down. That tells me that something is wrong with the X Y modes, it's possible it's half way switched between. Not sure if those functions are on the back like a lot of them are to set up? I know that some of them had jumper links and so on.