Oscilloscope Question

Hi Group , I want to buy a oscilloscope for working with HF Radios that have an operating frequency from 1500 Khz through 55 Mhz . My question is what Mhz Oscilloscope to look for ! Any help would be appreciated . Thanks for any help .

Reply to
ri

Theoretically, any scope with a bandwidth ot 55MHz or better would do the job. However, there are a few things to consider. First and foremost, is that *all* you will use it for from now to at least 10 years from now? I dare say that if you get a bandwidth limited scope now based on this present need, that you will move into fields / areas wher you will need a wider bandwidth scope. Secondly, a 55MHz scope will have 3dB less sensitivity at that frequency; a 100MHz BW scope would be a better fit. Also, you can get some rather decent used scopes...

Reply to
Robert Baer