Subject Author Posted Replies

EDN: Unbelievable kludge.
Electronic Rube Goldberg of the year. - YD.
9
9

petro-political fun
-- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
13
13

Laser Mouses might be used to predict/detect earthquakes (and ground movement).
Hello, I have noticed many times by now that my laser mouse (logitech G3) is very sensitive. When the ground moves/shakes sometimes the mouse will interrupt the screen saver. Today I also run one of...
27
27

2.4 GHz DVB-S transmitter test setup working
2.4 GHz DVB-S transmitter test setup working The whole test setup is remotely controlled via ethernet (white lead). I took the ADF4350 test code I wrote and integrated it with the ts2iq program I...
4
4

Re: delta sigma mod. for BLDC motor controller
Hi Tim, followed your suggestion I post on s.e.d. including the OP and your reply for clarity. Please see at the bottom my answer to your message. Tim Wescott wrote: said, done. True. That's the idea,...
30
30

OT. Interesting video about Manhattan Building structural integrity
It's broken down into 3- 8 or 9 minute videos, but well worth the time. Building could have been the first domino to start a chain reaction. Mikek
12
12

Question regarding general schematic detail for transformers
Could some electronics guru please help ? Maybe this is a very silly question, so pardon me. In a schematic, a transformer is generally shown with 2 -3 parallel bars in the middle to indicate the...
21
21

Semi OT: History of consumer radio designs
I'm interested in how the design of consumer AM/FM radios has evolved over time, particularly since digital tuning/ PLL synthesizers came on the scene. Some early (1980?) PLL receiver schematics I've...
14
14

Driving PECL
Hi, all, So I've been trying to exhume my long-disused, and never very extensive, ECL skills. It seems like there's nothing you can do in ECL for less than about $5. Dedicated CMOS->PECL translators...
10
10

Not Too Sure About Thunderbird
At first I thought this was a T-bird issue. But on reading some of the messages it looks like it's not. I have a number of messages, all dated today at 11:32 AM, which should be part of threads but...
6
6

LED versions of (classic) automobile lamps
Hi, I want to replace some (legacy) 2-pin "automotive base" lamps (e.g., things like 1157 except single filament) with LED equivalents. Primarily to reduce maintenance costs (the lamps are located in...
16
16

OT: Modern day equivalent to sendmail?
Is there a modern day equivalent to sendmail? My Eudora E-mail client can run an executable upon command of an incoming filter match. I simply want to send an E-mail saying "E-mail received from..."...
19
19

Semi OT:
How the F does one disassemble an XBOX 360? All the "manuals" i found on Google are nothing more than "user" warning blather.
14
14

Trabalhos acadêmicos
3
3

PLL, measuring spurs etc
PLL, measuring spurs etc: I tested fractional mode on the ebay ADF4350 evaluation board. I wanted dBc (relative to main carrier), did some coding on my xpsa spectrum analyzer. could well be wrong, but...