petro-political fun

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com

treachery

It's a call: "Wake up and diversify your economy."

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

What is the status of the US petro-reserve? Should fill it up at full speed now.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

We hardly need it any more. We're on our way to being an oil exporter.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Not so fast...if the Saudis flood the market with cheap oil, shale production will come to a screeching halt. No longer able to make a profit. Putin will take a hit, but so will a lot of the world.

Reply to
Bill Martin

It's full, they topped it off when oil was $150 a barrel.

Martin Riddle

Then we need more SPRs. Perhaps just dump oil back into old oil fields. As long as it's easier to get it back than shale.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

Sure. As long as oil stays around $60, we'll slack off new fracking. But it won't go up much, or we'll frack again. This is the new normal.

No longer able to make a

Russia and Iran are both getting whacked.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Do you have any documents to back up that statement?

Reply to
miso

Preferably originals, notarized.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Here's a document for you :

What would you do ?

Reply to
jurb6006

I went to SPR website and there is very little on any purchases other than in the Clinton years. If Riddle is blowing it out his ass, he should just say so. If there are documents, it would be interesting to read them.

There are papers regarding the issues of salt effecting the reserves. The oil might not be so pristine.

Since I suspect Riddle post was just bullshit, he might be able to get a job at Fox News Channel.

Reply to
miso

Wiki:

"the capacity to hold up to 727 million barrels" "As of 28 November 2014, the inventory was 691.0 million barrels"

So, it's almost full.

"Almost $4 billion was spent on the facilities. The decision to store in caverns was made in order to reduce costs; the Department of Energy claims it is roughly 10 times cheaper to store oil below surface"

Dumping back to old oil fields is even cheaper. Why spend billions to make new oil fields.

"On October 20, 2014, a report by the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GA0) recommended reducing the size of the Reserve."

What? they want to kill it when they should expand it. Probably spending more money to kill the SPR.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

Yes, I saw it was nearly full, but the question was did they fill it with $150 per barrel oil, as stated by our Fox News Channel correspondent, who seems to be mysteriously quiet. ;-)

They store the oil in natural formations, so I don't know how easy it is to expand it, but I'd be filling it up, even if it causes present day prices to rise slightly.

But you do think for better or worse, the purchases would be documented online. Ya know, the most transparent administration in history yada yada yada.

Reply to
miso