Subject Author Posted Replies

"silly" RCL noise question
So say you have an RCL circuit and are looking at the Johnson noise (Created by the R) that is across the capacitor. And assume that the circuit has a decent Q. Then the voltage noise at (and near)...
7
7

Seurat
Imagine this redone, with everyone staring down at their cell phones.
21
21

House Powered by Alternative Energy Explodes
3
3

OT: Hydrogen fuel cell for cars..
From Design News Feb 2015: "Toyota is giving away its fuel cell patents". They say it will be the primary fuel for the next hundred years. Excuse me,but WHERE will all of that hydrogen come from, and...
70
70

OT: foam padding with removeable glue for protective gear
Hi, I am working on an application for protective gear for a soccer player, it isn't electronics related but was wondering if anyone has an idea for a good way to attach a protective layer of foam...
2
2

Non-standard telephone wall plate
Hi, I am looking for a wall plate *similar* to this: The actual plate would be: - stainless - support a "keystone" connector "insert" - recessed connector area - "mushrooms" onto which to mount the...
10
10

Help converting Ferrite loss terms
Hi Guys, I have two different Ferrite materials. Each shows loss in different ways and terms. This page has the loss as 1000mW/CM^3 with a flux density of 100mT at 100kHz. What is the loss of this...
17
17

another microZed project
It's an 8-channel waveform generator that can play big files stored on a micro-SD card.
36
36

OT: Space Station Fun
377
377

The other 2 dollar cheap ebay mp3 players
The other 2 dollar cheap ebay mp3 players. Worked out of the box, even the battery was not empty. Here we see a diffrent chip, GPD2086C found the datasheet online (google), in Chinese, but application...
12
12

Dumb LTSpice question - subckt model
I've never used a mfr model that was a subckt before; I've always added the .MODEL to the LTSpice library file, or edited an existing device. This Vishay MOSFET has a more complex model though, and...
12
12

MEMS
Hi, IN GENERAL, as a "technology", anything I should be wary of regarding devices produced in this manner (vs. more "conventional" approaches)? Or, is it more "device/manufacturer specific"?
13
13

weird sim
Here's that strange LT Spice thing: It's a simple simulation of an equivalent-time sampling oscilloscope. It runs *very* slow, hence the screen shots. What's strange is the crud at the s/h output. The...
3
3

the finest weird people
-- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
2
2

LT Spice tx lines
I can't get a transmission line to accept an expression for the delay Td={expr} Z0=50 Either I'm doing it wrong, or there is a fundamental causality violation or something that doesn't allow it. Seems...
10
10