the finest weird people

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com

join

Related:

a-feature

"To me video games are the so-called 'real America,'" he said. "The real America operates according to a video game logic, and that game logic is neo-liberalism, and that absolutely manifests in San Francisco, that to me is the epicenter of inequality. In San Francisco you either have a Tesla and you drink a seven dollar cappuccino or you're homeless in the streets."

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

That's extreme. There are lots of people here who drive an old Toyota Echo or a Honda Fit or some such, and a lot who use public transit and don't have a car at all. Some kids never learn to drive. Some people can afford a $4500 apartment and some can afford it with three roommates. I don't think I've ever seen a $7 cap. There is an awfully good $16 burger near here, but that's another story.

We have lots of homeless people here because we have a mild climate, tons of tourists to panhandle, and lots of homeless services ($170 million worth per year.) It's a homeless magnet.

I drive to work every day, about 4 miles each way, and I think I've seen one or two Teslas in the last year. Silly, ugly car.

What I do find interesting is the geek culture. These people are generally friendly, unpretetious, t-shirt and backpack and running shoes types. If they work for Google, they are almost embarassed to admit it. Geeks don't often hold up liquor stores or knife one another on street corners, so the crime rate is going down. Such a contrast from, say LA or NYC.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com