Subject Author Posted Replies

Shellfish Will Now Come Pre-Cooked
4

Doorbell "button"
Hi, Anyway... I'm looking for an unusual idea as to how to implement the "button" portion of a (home) "doorbell". I.e., the interface that is presented to the *visitor*. Note that this need not be...
107
107

Hall current sensor simulation
Hello all, I am trying to simulate in LTSpice a circuit which contains a Hall effect current sensor (ACS758 for that matter). I don't have its model, but the simulation doesn't need to cover all the...
3
3

A problem for which I have no clue...
A problem for which I have no clue... Recover CARRIER FREQUENCY ONLY, no data requirements, from... QPSK, 16-QAM, and higher order. Ideas? Pointers? Something I can buy off-the-shelf would be fine....
18
18

Statins, Now what.
Statins, [A] "statistical deception" to make inflated claims about their effectiveness. aign=Feed%3A+sciencedaily+%28Latest+Science+News+--+ScienceDaily%29 Watch the Wrap.
56
56

Insulation stress in tube output transformers
Something recently caused me to think back about my early days in electronics and belatedly wonder about a certain point regarding the construction of audio output transformers. I didn't actually wind...
45
45

Anybody recommend a S/H that ahs aperture of < 5nS, and then hold for 5uS?
I need a family of S/H parts that has a VERY narrow aperture, but holds for a very long time. At these rates, need 22-24 bit HOLD ability. Translates to 0.05ppm droop type hold. Checked with TI,...
20
20

OT: HDMI Wireless
Anyone have experience/recommendations for wireless ways to distribute HDMI to multiple TV sets? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's...
16
16

Rapid Arctic Warming Causing Polar Jet Stream Shifts
31
31

Stepper motor
Hi. Am planing to use one 5V or 9V stepper motor for driving one piston. The piston with some weight has around 200 grams and the slider is on rollers so there is no problem with "transmission". Did...
3
3

OT Oliver Sacks
My mum has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's, it's breaking my heart. (Cancer might be better.) George H.
30
30

Re: An other ebay mystery...
I bought a closely similar one for my youngest son when we prowled the electronic parts market in Delhi last year. It's Chinese. I paid the equivalent of about $3 for it. On that outing, I also bought...
11
11

E-mail weirdness
 WTF? ...Jim Thompson
35
35

Lightning strikes go upwards?
I have heard it before, that lightning strikes actually go from the ground up. I was just watching a YouTube video that shows it. Using HTML5 with the ability to slow down the video to frame by frame,...
30
30

Checking back in after long absense
I've been busy on other forums and doing various projects, and I just never re-activated my newsgroup account after switching to this Win8 (yeah, I hate it) Dell laptop. I have been taking classes in...
12
12