weird sim

Here's that strange LT Spice thing:

It's a simple simulation of an equivalent-time sampling oscilloscope. It runs *very* slow, hence the screen shots.

What's strange is the crud at the s/h output. The time stretch effect here is only a million to 1, so I shouldn't think we'd be getting floating-point errors yet.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Even the ideal T-line model will reflect the obscene L1/C1 termination.

Aside: I need a PECL diff-in/diff-out amplifier... off-the-shelf. Recommendations? ...Jim Thompson

The test waveform at C1 looks fine, viewed over a 20 ns sim. Playing with DT and solvers and stuff doesn't help.

How fast? The ADCMP parts work great. ADCMP561, 567, 582. That last one is a screamer, 8 GHz, 37 ps edges, $16.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

70MHz input, mV, want to bring it up to at least 144mV P-P ...Jim Thompson