Subject Author Posted Replies

BNCs
Is there any physical difference (in mating and such) between 50 and 75 ohm BNC connectors? I'm using them at low speeds, so the actual impedance doesn't matter.
23
23

LED bulb/flood as strobe lamp
Does anyone have any data on how fast an LED bulb or flood lamp could be driven with a triac or something, at x number of Hertz slower than the "flicker fusion threshold", and have the results still...
34
34

Where are all the 200c GaN fets?
The GaN semiconductor industry has been promising high temperature GaN fets but I haven't been able to locate any. Has anyone else? regards, Bob N9NEO
10
10

cool stuff
You guys always find what you think are insulting comics on this page. I find interesting science data This one is cool too...
13
13

El Cheapo 1 watt transformers
Anyone know a source for little 12V 0.150 mA iron core transformers like this, for less than this?
3
3

How to enable 2 GB ram on Asus P3V4X motherboard ?
Hello, Today I loaded bios defaults on accident. Apperently this causes the bios to revert back to 512 MB of RAM instead of 2 GB RAM. I forgot what I did to enable 2 GB of ram ? Maybe I flashed the...
12
12

(not APCI compliant) Installing Company of Heroes Tales of Valor on Windows XP 32 bit/Old system leads to Blue Screen of Death on Boot ?!?
Hello, I was curious how Company of Heroes Tales of Valor would run on my old Pentium III 450 mhz upgraded to 2 GB of RAM. Even if the game ran slow it could be interesting to test/try things out. So...
7
7

saving 25000 T&M equipment manuals
Turns out this is the archive of electronics T&M manuals at manuals plus (who are shutting down...)
3
3

"Pyrolytic Graphite"
"2-5 times higher thermal conductivity than copper" I have not heard much about this wonder material, is it actually any use for anything?
39
39

Build a Lifx (WiFi LED Bulb) for less than 15 dollars [HACK]
Hi, I'm new to this group and I would like to have some help looking inside an RF remote controlled bulb that we would like to hack and make it WiFi enabled, using an ESP8266 SoC. With a friend we...
2
2

Experience with liquid solder mask
I finally got round to trying out the blue solder mask I'd ordered. It's an extremely viscous fluid, which doesn't flow noticeably. One consequence of that is that if one applies it with a roller, it...
13
13

OT: Goodbye to the American Dream
Goodbye to the American Dream... Thanks to Obama... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan...
374
374

cooling a SOT23 opamp
I'm designing this RTD/resistor simulator and it's convenient to use an LM8261 opamp in the output stage. The 8261 doesn't really current or thermal limit (that's part of its charm) but I can limit...
7
7

8TSSOP size standard in chaos now?
Folks, Can anyone tell me which 8TSSOP size is right and which manufacturer erred here? Here the 8TSSOP is 6.6mm in the long dimension, pin end to pin end: Here the 8TSSOP is only 4mm in the long...
74
74

Somewhat over-engineered for a lipo charger?
I think the guy who designed this single cell charger for LiPo batteries must have been paid by number of components used. I've no idea what half of this stuff is supposed to do. This model was...
13
13