cool stuff

You guys always find what you think are insulting comics on this page. I find interesting science data

This one is cool too...

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Where is Lake Tahoe? It's 501 m deep.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

On Wed, 19 Aug 2015 08:34:31 -0700, John Larkin Gave us:

It *would be* right between lake ontario and 'the great slave lake'.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

This one needs an update (June 2012)

Mikek

amdx

On Fri, 21 Aug 2015 07:45:02 -0500, amdx Gave us:

Do you actually think the lake and ocean depths have changed since then?

Your brain needs an update.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I suspect he means the one with all known planets.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

On Fri, 21 Aug 2015 11:16:49 -0400, Phil Hobbs Gave us:

They have computer programs on some of the telescopes now doing "auto-find". There have probably been many found since 2012.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Ya, I got the wrong xkcd. I did do a quick search before I posted and didn't find a new planet number. Mikek

amdx

I assume so!

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I never saw anything insulting in it.

The one with the oceans has a lot of inteesting stuff in fine print that is a blur if you zoom in. That's unusual for the comic that usually has lots of detail.

Here's a nice story about [deleted spoiler]:

Tom Del Rosso

On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 03:16:54 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso" Gave us:

Mine isn't blurred, so you must be using a lame web browser zoom or such. Try saving the image and then looking at it with a proper image viewer.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I did that too. Copied and pasted to Irfanview.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

I went back and clicked on it. They usually aren't clickable.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Downloaded copy looks sharp to me.

Phil Hobbs