Subject Author Posted Replies

FLIR product
Simply attach FLIR ONE to your smartphone or tablet and take it with you wherever you go. A new world of vision in the palm of your hand. Mikek
17
17

www.msrmaps.com
is run by Microsoft, created many years ago to demonstrate their server capabilities. It serves map images created by USGS. A few years ago they were going to take it offline, but when word got out...
10
10

sewage plant tour
We just did the tour of the huge southeast wastewater treatment plant... Having toured the sewers of Paris, this was a lot better (and a lot less smelly.) I forgot my camera, but Mo took some phone...
40
40

Invention Idea: Cooled Bread Holder.
Hello, Another one of my breads has gone bad with mold, mostly because of hot weather. I have had enough of this mostly. The problem I think is: I can't really place the bread on the fridge... it's...
11
11

Thunderbird 38.2.0 - Lightning 4.0.2
I just updated Tbird and the calendar alerts have the same icon as Tbird itself. They used to be a bell. Anyone else seeing this? If so I'll report it as a bug.
3
3

Google Knows Your Roof's Solar Potential
"Adding to the growing list of things Google knows about us is whether our homes and businesses could benefit from the addition of solar panels. Annou nced yesterday, the company's Project Sunroof...
22
22

Stag ZL30B, PLD Programmer
Anyone of you may have documents, schematic, firmware and listing for Stag ZL30B, PLD programmer that I restored it back into full operation condition. The company, Stag ceased many years ago and it...
1
1

16 analog outputs into 1 digital output
Hi. I have one alarm station that has 16 outputs. On each of this outputs you can read out some voltage change from 1 - 1,5V ( when in alarm state ). To save space and money i was planning to hook up...
18
18

Thermal Camera Varnish problems?
Have you ever had bad experiences with black Varnish for thermal measuremen ts? We use this varnish for 10 years without problems, in many different pr ojects, but this time wenn it is applied, many...
5
5

SPI transmission line thing
I need to feed an SPI clock to eight isolated channels, using ADUM1400 isolators spaced about 0.8" apart, in a straight line. It's not easy to get a clean logic drive to that string, for some reason....
35
35

Awesome photonics
Wow. My new 28" 4K display is so much better than the dimly lit POS I was using. The difference is astounding. It is well worth it to get this upgrade. Truly awesome!
4
4

A little Quote fun
"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad." Miles Kington Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is a smoothie. Optimist = Glass is half full....
5
5

Re: Skylake just turned into a DUD for me: No BMI ?!?
On Thu, 20 Aug 2015 04:34:06 +0200, "Skybuck Flying" Gave us: Would have been nice if your parents had waited for stepping instead of failing to flush you.

OT: PIC MPLAB problem (long lines)
Linker barfed for no reason i know of. Warning[215] D: 1 : Processor superseded by command line. Verify processor symbol. Message[305] D: 405 : Using default destination of 1 (file). Message[305] D:...
14
14

Charge control for piezo drives
On vacation and reading AoE3 at the beach. (watching all the "bathing" women too!) Section 5.10.12 does a composite piezo drive. I was most interested by footnote 46, pg. 333 Here's a link, I'll have...
10
10