Subject Author Posted Replies

Eagle, command line entry syntax
Any Eagle users have a document with all the command line entry syntax. ie Hole 0.125 1.00 2.05 puts a 0.125" diamter hole at x= 1.00 and Y = 2.05 There are bits and pieces in the manual. This is OK,...
28
28

74LS47 substitution
Is there a CMOS-type substitute for the 74LS47 with "open collector" type outputs suitable for sinking around 20mA? That uses less quiescent power than the 47's ~10mA. Supply voltage either 5 or 3.3...
23
23

Odd thing
What is it? It looks a little like a wallwart psu. But I'm far from convinced. I vaguely recall 42v being used rather than 220v in some places, but don't remember any details. NT
6
6

RF sig gen ~$250
This just posted on a physics site. I might have to buy one. Anyone already got one? George H.
6
6

Rochester electronics
Anyone know what's up with Rochester electronics. I use to think of them as a last resort for that obselete part that you didn't buy enough of. (And be prepared to pay through the nose for it.) But...
1
1

Looking for a tube only radio or radio kit
Looking for a tube only radio or radio kit AM or FM or AM FM More than standard broadcast range is desirable.
36
36

more BGA pix
18
18

yardzap
We were driving down Noe Street and saw this:
14
14

Shift register power on.
I'm using one of these - a serial/parallel shift register. It's straight forward enough except when it comes to startup. The master reset only affects the internal shift register, not the stored...
16
16

help, I need slots.
What's the easiest way to make a slot, when my PC house won't do slots for quick-turn prototypes? Or at least they won't do eight, which is what I need, 30 to 40 mils x 120 mils. They want an extra...
26
26

SMD socket for standard DIP? (.300)
I'm trying to convert an old board to SMD. Is there an SMD socket for .300 dip IC's? (because I have many DIP opto isolators already -- that's why) I searched before asking but can't find anything --...
9
9

New indexes for Art of Electronics 3rd ed, help wanted
We have draft versions of two new indexes for the Art of Electronics 3rd edition. Please download the pdf files at our website, We've reworked the Subject Index, tripling the number of page...
26
26

Round trip conversion efficiency of electrolytic hydrogen production
In this video, Elon Musk waxes philosophical about why hydrogen fuel cell technology is "dumb": He doesn't give any actual numbers though...but I guess that's to be expected. He says that the...
76
76

For Joerg --> voltage divider and arduino
Hi Joerg. I have some strange problem with my setup ( Arduino --> Raspberry ). The system is working perfect but after minute or two, i get HIGH state on RSP pin, but nothing wasn't sent from arduino....
3
3

Building the pendulum demonstrator
I show how I built the demonstrator for my systems & stability video. It's an electromechanical pendulum, and it's kewl -- or it was, until I broke it making this video.
43
43