yardzap

We were driving down Noe Street and saw this:

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Folks a bit insular over that way ??

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

Nah, they just have a lot of tension.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

We are very well grounded.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Or strung up (Hmmm slow night over here)

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

Untill I looked at the second shot, I thought you were photographing the crossed com and dist overhead wiring. I suppose it's all LV com.

RL

Reply to
legg

After reading the other replies (polite appreciative applause BTW) I think I have to claim "geek of the group" status.

I admired its vaguely Steampunk aesthetic, but only AFTER wondering what the hell it's FOR and realizing that it's completely nonfunctional.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Alien8752

What look like insulated cables are actually formed steel rods. Somebody went to a lot of trouble to do this. Cool.

The driveway is interesting too. I hope their car has a lot of ground clearance.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Oh, they tangle up all the overhead wires here. There is a plan to bury all the power wiring, but it's going to take about another 60 years.

lunatic fringe electronics

Nice sculpture. I'd be tempted to add some purple LEDs for that corona look.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Looks like 3 phase power feeding it :)

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Looks to be a high-intensity spotlight fixture below it to illuminate it at night. I wonder what color it is...

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Alien8752

I'll have to check.

lunatic fringe electronics

Wired?

Reply to
gray_wolf

While working on retroreflector optics in the 80s, I stumbled on that "Cast

-AR" effect, but also noticed a cool techno-art trick: if the background o f your sculpture is a wide, cheap retro screen, and if an object in the for eground has LEDs hidden behind it and aimed towards the screen ...then the foreground object will be surrounded by a colored nimbus. In 3D. It hove rs around the object as a sort of real-image. For best results, use bad ch eap retro, where the reflected light has a big scattering-cone, rather than a nice tight corner-cube return beam. (We want the retro beam to mostly mi ss the LEDs, and spread by 30deg or more during its return trip.)

Rather than corona violet, if we use "Chernkov Blue" leds, then our foregro und object looks like it must be made of corium. Or, perhaps a big hunk of Technetium alloy. Either way, if you're seeing that blue nimbus extending for a half-meter around an object, it probably means that you're already d ead.

Your quartz-wafer dose-monitor badge, it just turned black. When your GM c ounter doesn't click at all, sometimes that's a very bad sign.

Reply to
Bill Beaty