SMD socket for standard DIP? (.300)

I'm trying to convert an old board to SMD. Is there an SMD socket for .300 dip IC's? (because I have many DIP opto isolators already -- that's why)

I searched before asking but can't find anything -- if there is something, what is the part designation? -- thanks much

(also going to be looking to replace a 2x20 (.100) male pin header if you know that smd part also.)

Reply to
mkr5000

forget the pin header -- found it -- too pricey.

Reply to
mkr5000

0 dip IC's? (because I have many DIP opto isolators already -- that's why)

, what is the part designation? -- thanks much

know that smd part also.)

something like this?

1KFXC-RC/S5596-ND/776054

Bye Jack

Reply to
jack4747

You could use a normal (not precision) socket and bend the pins 90 degrees to both sides. Of course this only a solution for a prototype.

--
Dipl.-Inform(FH) Peter Heitzer, peter.heitzer@rz.uni-regensburg.de
Reply to

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

There are tools and services that will re-form DIP leads into surface mount, make j-leads of them. But it would be tough to change the pitch.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Ok -- sounds like I'll just have to buy new parts and trash my dips.

Thanks.

Reply to
mkr5000

There's SMD optoisolators. Most of the ones that I've seen look like through-hole parts with lead forming, but that should work fine.

--
Tim Wescott
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Wescott

Mil-Max <

Chisolm
Republic of Texas
Reply to
Joe Chisolm

Anything wrong with bending the leads out? Or even leaving them straight (though the ends need to be trimmed flush).

Both appear in IPC standards, so I assume they've been used as at least semi-standard assembly methods at some point in history.

As others have mentioned, stock "SMT" versions usually look like the same article, formed and trimmed differently.

If you have like a thousand pieces on hand you want to reel up and use, or something... maybe you should just hock them on eBay?

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
 Click to see the full signature