Subject Author Posted Replies

a great electrical engineering forum site
The only web forum site for Electrical and Electronic Engineers!

Beginner Design BandPass Filter
I am getting back into electronics, reading as much as I can and experimenting. I got to a part in a book that discussed filters and became very interested. I am also a Shortwave radio user and...
5
5

Circuit that produces a tingling sensation in the fingers.
Hello all Without going into the application in too much detail we are looking into the possibility of allowing the identification of items through a persons sense of touch. So what I am researching...
72
72

Can you damage an LCD by inverting an image at the same rate as the 'M' signal?
IIRC, the 'M' signal alternates (with every frame?) to reverse the voltage across pixels to prevent a DC bias damaging the pixels (by some electrolytic effect?). I can see this works for a static...
3
3

1SS97/NTE584 Diodes
Hi, Been trying to find 1SS97 or NTE584 Schottky Barrier Diodes in UK but having real diffculty finding them. Can anyone recommend a similar alternative I could easily pick up in Britain. Thanks - O

Circuit to calculate square root of voltage?
Hello people. I am looking for a circuit to calculate the square root of a voltage, V(out) = SQRT V(In). (e.g. I input 4V and 2V comes out, I input 3V and ~1.73V comes out). Q: How can I do this? []s...
43
43

phonometer calibration
I have build an amateur phonometer, where can I get sounds,of known power ,to calibrate it? Thanks!!
4
4

Flow control in RS485
Hi, I see many serial-converters have a db9/25 socket and a 4 wires 485 socket (TX+,TX-,RX+,RX-). I want to know know the RS485 part implements the CTS/RTS flow control. For example, if the local...
5
5

I need orientation....
Hi you all. I need to do a Data acquisition with 5 channel, and one of the five channel must have 450 samples per second. The data should be sent by RS232. Thanks for the help and orientation that you...
1
1

Woburn/Burlington
Any lurkers here live near Woburn/Burlington, MA? I might possibly be available to tip-a-few Thursday night. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens | | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et | |...
48
48

c compiler for PIC16F684
Hi, I am looking for a non-Microchip compiler that will compile to this target. Any help is appreciated. JF PS - is there a better group for PIC related topics?
11
11

Cool old science films online!
Try this one: ELECTROMAGNETISM More: PRELINGER ARCHIVES keyword: SCIENCE And for cult films from 1950s 5th-grade classrooms, see: AV GEEKS ARCHIVE (from (((((((((((((((((( ( ( ( ( (O) ) ) ) )...
3
3

homebuilt audio mixer desk
I'm thinking (just thinking :-) ) of building an analogue audio mixer desk (16 channels). The pro ones cost a fortune. As I can't actually design it I wonder if anyone here can offer advice as to the...
9
9

audio snakeoil!
I havent seen any audiophoole sites mentioned here recently so: 7600$ buys 8 foot of speaker cable. suckers! martin Serious error. All shortcuts have disappeared. Screen. Mind. Both are blank.
19
19

Source for flexible LCD displays?
Hi - I was hoping to find a flexible LCD display, preferrably as thin as possible and equipped with a backlight. I need something maybe 2x4 inches, graphic or text doesn't matter, and it would be...
12
12