Subject Author Posted Replies

MosFet: Source-Bulk-Diode Problem...how to insure Bulk is at highest Voltage?
Hi all, Lets say I intend to design a simple circuit that shoud connect a (large) capacitor with a pulsed voltage-source, if and only if the voltage of the pulsed source is at a higher level than the...
3
3

Sending text via the serial port
OK, I have no idea where to start with this and am looking for some guidance on how to go about it. Basically I want to send predefined text to my PC via the DB9 serial port when a button is pressed,...
17
17

Exportability of EDA industry from North America?
Some colleagues and I were discussing the situation with the high tech industry, with jobs moving out of North America. This has hit circuit designers hard, especially those in digital. Can EDA tool...
41
41

Secure Digital Specifications
I'm looking for the "Secure Digital Specifications". If anyone has them contact me boydkell@995
1
1

How to design a Doomsday Device (tm) ?????
God told me that time for Armageddon has finally come and the world must be I need to create a device capable of destroying the whole planet. How can I design the Doomsday Device (tm) to destroy the...
29
29

Flex (FPC/FFC) connectors and how to connect to them...
Hi there, I've ordered an OLED display from Mouser, and the data sheet for it specifies that it has a TAB style connection with pin spacing at 0.65mm. I'm imagining the I need an FPC/FFC style...
1
1

RFID active tags at 13.56 MHz
Hi Is it possible to use active tags at 13.56 mhz and compatible readers. I am trying to evaluate whether there is a need for using rfid for one of our applications. Following are the requirements- 1....
10
10

PLL loop design
Hi. I'm planning to work with PLLs, but I don't know how to design the loop. Where I can find info or theory about that ? Thanks Hernán Sánchez
11
11

Dividing and Multiplying Voltages
Hi mates. Albert's here. I'm new here and i'm seeking your helps regarding the following. I'm working on a project which involves the arithmetic operations (+, -, X, /) on voltages. Using ADC...
37
37

Circuit to Multiply Voltages and Divide Voltages
Hi mates. Albert's here. I'm new here and i'm seeking your helps regarding the following. I'm working on a project which involves the arithmetic operations (+, -, X, /) on voltages. The project is to...
3
3

RFID: Active Transponders + Reader (Long Range - 20-40m)
Following are my requirements for an RFID application that I'm prototyping: 1) R/W Transponders (400-900 MHz, or 2.4 GHz) - for long range operations (20-40m). Should allow 1K-2K worth of storage...
5
5

Looking for microcontroller with dot matrix LCD driver on it.
Hello, I am looking for a microcontroller with dot matrix lcd on aboard. The reason that I am looking for this combination for the low power consumption. The type of the LCD matricx that I am...
5
5

ibutton question
Hello all Just started using the Dallas/Maxim DS1990A with a DS9092 Touch Probe using a PIC16F505 as the Master. Everything works fine if the PIC polls the probe and when the Touch Memory is present,...
2
2

LNB signal meter
Hi, anyone knows some info/links about LNB signal, decoupling LNB power from signal , and signal strength measuring? I want to make a simple sat-signal meter project. (Project assistants/helpful...

Question: simple inverter to fire up a switch mode power supply?
Hi there, I am not an electronics guru, just know enough to be dangerous and need some help on the following. In a switch mode power supply, in the first stage the 110/240 volts mains power goes into...
10
10