Looking for microcontroller with dot matrix LCD driver on it.

Hello,

I am looking for a microcontroller with dot matrix lcd on aboard. The reason that I am looking for this combination for the low power consumption. The type of the LCD matricx that I am intrested is 32 by

  1. I am also intrested to know about a Dot Matrix LCD driver that consumes very low power.

Thanks, John.

Reply to
eeaj2002

There is probably no MCU that would have the driver onboard simply because of the amount of pins it takes to interface with a 32x64 matrix (plus do any useful job that requires I/O). However, there are plenty specialized controllers, including low power CMOS, that can be interfaced with an MCU via 4 or 8 pins. Simple googling for "matrix LCD driver" returns 15K+ results, so you'll get a few to choose from.

--
Dmitri Abaimov, RCDD
http://www.cabling-design.com

http://www.cabling-design.com/forums

sci.electronics.design - 5758 messages and counting!

Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

I believe there was. Triscend. But looks like they are going under. They had a

1/4 VGA on chip.

Martin Riddle

I think Xilinx may be taking them over:

Kryten

I missed the original request however, microchip has a PIC16 and a PIC18f series chip with an onboard controller. I would have used the 18F version in one of my last projects if it had been released yet. TI 430 series also has a chip.

Neither of these are made to control a huge display.

Good luck

Rocky

Reply to
Rolavine

Interesting, yet no more Triscend products ?!?!

Reply to
Martin Riddle