Subject Author Posted Replies

question about paralleling amps
I'm considering building an audio amp using some LM3886's from National. One thing that slightly worries me is that on one of the plots of power vs load resistance, it really takes a dump below 4...
3
3

Making small PC boards
I'm looking at either finding or making some small PC boards. They need to be about a 1/2 inch square. I'm wanting to mount an LED on each board but I'll need to connect 4 LED boards in series but...
6
6

mpeg4 encoder IC's
Hi, I am looking for a VGA 15fps+ MPEG-4 encoder IC that is suitable for a handheld device. The device uses a pxa270 which can apparently do about 11 FPS at 352x288 resolution for mpeg4 encoding in...
1
1

phase sensitive detection
hi, pls, i need help for a experiment in optical biosensor i 'd like to set up a system that can carry out phase sensitive detection. i learnt that one can use the AD630 from Analog. how can design a...
9
9

X10 driver transformer - off the shelf
Hi, Anyone any suggestions for X10 drive transformer, off the shelf? I prefer not to go custom as the quantity is low. Ideally I'd like a tuned transformer so I can do the whole lot in one go. I'd...

how to pwr el backlighting on lcd display
I picked up some 16x2 lcd displays cheap. They have el backlighting. What kind of circuit do I need to pwr the el backlights? Are there any packaged pwr supplies units that may be available cheap? Say...
1
1

Wireless World Sept88
hi all, any kind soul available for scanning and e-mailing the article "Quadrature IC (CA3089) works as a p.l.l. detector." M L Christieson, Wireless World September 1988, p866 ? THANKS, Adri
3
3

Any other books like Clarke/Hess - Communication Circuits
Hi. Does anyone know of any books similar to Communication Circuits (i.e. with such a thorough large-signal analysis of transistor circuits)? Thanks. Regards.
1
1

Easy-PC to Circuitmaker Conversion
A very, very long time ago, I bought the original DOS version of Easy-PC out of an ad in Ham Radio magazine. With all respect to the current product, that old DOS sucker was about the buggiest thing...
9
9

Selecting SMD H-bridge
I've got a couple of designs built around the NatSemi LMD18201 H-bridge. I'm trying to migrate them to 100% SMD, and I'm having trouble :( I need 1.5A, 25V, with shoot-through protection. (If not for...
4
4

active collector loads (audio freq)
just wondering if there is a reference out there that goes into lotsa detail about using BJT current sources as collecor loads in analog amps. why can't i look at the output of an actively loaded gain...
40
40

Interfacing IDE CF card directly to 16-bit uP bus
Hello, I'm trying to interface a CompactFlash card in True IDE mode to a 68000 microprocessor. I am however dealing with limited space, so I'd rather circumvent the buffers if possible. Does anyone...

i am a beginner in "radio communication" ,which books are suitable for me?
i am a beginner in "radio communication" ,which books are suitable for me to know how to design RF controller and receiver.....etc. thanks!
6
6

MOSPOWER DC Loop
Happy Holidays SED :) I'm driving the first circuit frag below with an emitter follower, simplified and shown in the second frag. I've tentatively plonked down IRF530 & IRF9530 with +/- 40 VDC rails....
7
7

cd4051 bug?
I made a project using a 4051 to select one of 5 inputs. I take the output fro pin 3. I used addresses 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. Some times I have signal out when there is no signal at input 4 but there is...
7
7