X10 driver transformer - off the shelf

Hi,

Anyone any suggestions for X10 drive transformer, off the shelf? I prefer not to go custom as the quantity is low. Ideally I'd like a tuned transformer so I can do the whole lot in one go. I'd want step down to reduce the primary loading. Output needs to drive 120kHz,

5Vpk-pk into 5ohm (say 7ohm with blocking cap, so 7Vpk-pk). Peak load is thus 625mW-ish, but average load is only 120mW-ish as it is not continuous.

This doesn't sound to me like a big transformer :-) so I would have thought there should be an off the shelf part somewhere. Primary drive is flexible but I'd probably want to be at 20V, or more to get the primary load current down.

TIA

--

Malcolm

 Malcolm Reeves BSc CEng MIEE MIRSE, Full Circuit Ltd, Chippenham, UK
 (mreeves@fullcircuit.com, mreeves@fullcircuit.co.uk or mreeves@iee.org).
 Design Service for Analogue/Digital H/W & S/W Railway Signalling and Power
 electronics. More details plus freeware, Win95/98 DUN and Pspice tips, see:

 http://www.fullcircuit.com      or    http://www.fullcircuit.co.uk

NEW - www.CharteredConsultant.co.uk - The Consultant A-List
Reply to
Malcolm Reeves