i am a beginner in "radio communication" ,which books are suitable for me?

I used The Electronics of Radio by David Rutledge for two terms in class. The book teaches theory through the building of a morse code transciever. It uses approximations in many places to simplify the math down to the undergraduate level.

Cheers, Chris

Reply to
Apparatus

Buy anything by Wes Hayward/ARRL or 'Radio Communication' by the RSGB. They are all great references on the subject.

--

"What is now proved was once only imagin'd." - William Blake, 1793.
Reply to

Agreed. I've got Wes' Introduction to Radio Frequency Design book, for example. (By the way, I was surprised to learn a few years ago that he lives just a few miles from me. Too bad living nearby doesn't feed my brain by osmosis.)

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

i am a beginner in "radio communication" ,which books are suitable for me to know how to design RF controller and receiver.....etc.

thanks!

Reply to
nick

for me to

Andy replies:

There is no better single book in existence than "The Radio Amateur's Handbook" for covering a wide range of electronics, starting from "no math at all" up through more complicated systems.

An updated version is put out every year. You will NOT be overwhelmed by the presentation, though you will be amazed at the variety of subjects covered.

Dozens of examples of working circuits are included, and you don't have to know squat to duplicate a large number of them.

Also do a google search on ARRL or Amateur Radio Relay League and get their website. ( something like

or similar)

Good luck. This is how all of us began 40 years ago and later on went to school...... I still have a bookshelf full of these......

Andy W4OAH

Reply to
Andy

The paperback is $33 new, $18 used: