Subject Author Posted Replies

48V to 2000V DC-DC smallest design
Its been a while but once again looking at a HV pulser type application. It will charge up about 10nF to 2kV with about 1mA. Then keep it toped off as that cap discharges into another capacitive much...
27
27

Sources of digitized/scanned old data books?
I have in my basement/lab a fairly large collection of analog and digital d ata books from circa 1979-2000. It is quite a collection from mfg that inc lude TI, AMD, AMI, National, Signetics,...
17
17

The Truth About Faster Internet: It's Not Worth It
Americans are spending ever more for blazing internet speeds, on the promise that faster is better. Is that really the case? For most people, the answer is no. From a report: The Wall Street Journal...
41
41

low-cost opamps in sot-23
I have received a respectable 2SK3018 MOSFET, made by Jiangsu Changjiang, from LCSC, only $0.0133 each. Now I'm looking for a low-cost opamp to go with it. Found the TP09, a 6MHz dual, from 3Peak, Vos...
8
8

How to design an Interesting inductor
I'd like to have a Variable 100uh inductor, that is controlled to full saturation with dc through the 100uh coil. I see some two winding coils, but the dc control winding has huge inductance. Working...
52
52

best supplier for fast shipping prices/service
I need some faster op-amps than I have in stock like right this darn minute. Is there a vendor that's preferable on pricing/other concerns for next day or two day shipping domestic US?
5
5

American Optical Stereo Zoom; Accessory Thread
As mentioned in a S.E.D. posting in the "Re: Digital Microscope purchase" thread on 23 June 2019, I recently purchased a well used Model 570 StereoStar Zoom. As it turned out, this unit had been...
1
1

x-Chapters - 4x.26 - Fast 2.5A current source
Here's a draft of the first 5 pages of a 6-page section I'm finishing. This is the last section to go into the x-Chapters book. Everything is down to the wire, and there isn't time for all the...
3
3

RS-485 Pinout to RJ45
Is there a standard (or at least, recommended) pinout for an RS-485 network to an 8-pin RJ45 style jack? I Googled it and it seems to very wildly by manufacturer and/or product. I have to layout a...
10
10

Nice resistor distributions
Hi We are using a lot of Yageo RC32 SMD resistors When I measure a bunch of these resistors, I get a tolerance of about 0.2%, with a normal distribution at some mean point in between the +/- 1% spec...

interesting inductor
That is technically a commmon-mode choke - which makes it cheap - but is probably useful for a real-inductor need that we have now. It's spec'd at 1.8 mH per winding, but my AADE meter says about 2.5....
56
56

microcap free unsupported
RL
3
3

OT: Tax-free holiday starts today.
A tax-free holiday weekend starts today, in Massachusetts (our sales tax is 6.25%). But my wife and I can't think of anything to buy!
9
9

Susumu resistors
These are the cheap 25 PPM parts. (actually a test post, but with some content)
14
14

Molten Salt Nuclear Meltdown-Proof Reactors- WTH Is Taking Them So Long?
"The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, the International Energy Ag ency, the United Nations, the Obama Administration and even over 70% of cli mate scientists agree that we must ramp up...
33
33