Isolated 12 -> ~25

I need two isolated rails, +25 and -25 from 12 volts at about 4-5 watts output per.

Mean well makes a few one-output power bricks that about fit the bill,

12 to 24, but IIRC they're about $20 in small quantity, need two, a bit rich for the design materials budget.

Any reference designs for low-power flybacks that might fit the bill that would clock in cheaper? I don't particularly want to try to design it from scratch atm. Around 80-something efficiency at load should be good enough

Reply to
bitrex

Prefer to use off-the-shelf magnetics if possible

Reply to
bitrex

How tight do you need the regulation ? If that is loose there is a Royer, just rectify off the secondary, and of course a different transformer...

Reply to
jurb6006

Input voltage and output voltage is in the same range, so no reason to use flyback

A half bridge transformer will be much smaller than the flyback

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
klaus.kragelund

AoE3 has a nice power supply section. They do a dual where you regulate one side.... OK if the load is mostly balanced.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Yeah it'll be balanced so that seems like an option, thanks!

Reply to
bitrex

Smaller would be better for sure

Reply to
bitrex

Eh, tight enough that I don't think unregulated is going to work for me here there will need to be feedback back across the gap.

Reply to
bitrex