dual neg switcher

I'm on my 3rd day of BOM minimization of my big timing board, trying to consolidate enough parts so we can load the pick-and-place, which has 200 feeder slots. The board has about 750 parts, over 200 bypass caps!

We have +24 volts and need -7 and -5. The current design uses a Cuk converter to make -7, then an LM2991 linear to make -5. Lots of parts.

Looks like I can switch 24 to (about) -7 and -5 with only parts used elsewhere on the board. That will take a bunch of lines off the BOM.

Science teaches us to doubt.

  Claude Bernard
Reply to
jlarkin