Subject Author Posted Replies

World's worst multimeter
The Vion.... Wow. Makes a $2 job look impressive. NT

DC transformer
Read carefully. It seems I have always underestimated the technological progress... :-) Best regards, Piotr
50
50

OT: Folder Options (XP)
Initially, I always have to set each folder the way i want: details, and type column zero. So, why do i have to (ranDUMBly) fiddle with a previously set folder? Most of the time, the type column is...
31
31

ideas on wire feedthrough sealing of oil filled HV device?
So I decided to use mineral oil once again for my HV transformer device after debating and even trying paraffin. However, this time I want to be sure my wires passing through the PVC junction box are...
11
11

OT: Monarch Butterflies need your help
Got an email saying Monarch Butterflies need our help, and asking for donations. A better solution: plant and encourage milkweed flowers. This year we had not only non-native, but also indigenous...
5
5

OT: all animals need 37 seconds to pee
Years ago I read a study, which showed that all animals, whether large or small, need 37 seconds to pee (fully empty their bladder). When I take our dog out for his nightly emptying, and he only takes...
27
27

what can I use as a empty space "filler" in wax potted circuit?
Ok, so, after careful consideration, I decided on using the recommended 50/50 mixture of beeswax and rosin to pot my two transformers. However, to save costs, I was originally going to try using a...
13
13

64-core processor, a dream cpu or a nightmare monster ? =DDDD
I am drooling over the idea of having a C64 =D Which in this case would be a C=computer 64=cores ! LOLOLOL. I really want a 64-core computer, which would be capable of 128 threads. I wanted such a...
4
4

Yahoo LTspice Shutting Down
Yahoo is terminating service on Oct 21. The LTspice group is moving to The migration is in process. The AllFiles folder may be missing some updates. Helmut tried to update the file but Yahoo refused...
5
5

Cut slot in metal enclosure door for ribbon keypad ?
We need to cut an acceptable-looking slot in the front door of a metal NEMA -4 enclosure, through which, we will route a 12-conductor ribbon cable (mem brane keypad). The enclosure is 16-gauge steel....
43
43

Free PDF Utilities
I have found a number of free utilities that may be of assistance to others. Can't read DOC or DOCX files? See Convert DOC to HTML Want to annotate PDF information? See Free PDF to HTML Comversion...
20
20

How do i select the right RAM?
This is an IBM / Lenono T43 laptop. The addon ram card suddenly failed after many years. Several times in the past year the computer would blue screen or lockup. Removing that ram card fixed it for...
7
7

Re: OT: Scary Graph
ZH does usually tend to look on the DOOM side, but in this instance that doesn't apply (to the graph at least) - it actually comes from Bloomberg. -- This message may be freely reproduced without...
87
87

via in pad
We're trying to decide on a new ST ARM chip. They come in 0.8 mm and 0.65 mm ball pitch. We are already comfortable with 0.8. The 0.65 is preferred by some parties here, as it has more I/Os; 140 vs...
13
13

Re: We need to do our Doo Doo Diligence and oust the stupid fellow
Those "super delegates" of Hitlary's didn't do her much good, did they? I hope she gets the Dem nomination for 2020 then gets her butt kicked once again in the election by Trump. It's not only the...
30
30