OSP coating

I often come across products in which the PCB has several unused pads that look quite fresh and take solder readily after the product had been in use for several years. The pads are plain copper, not plated or tinned. I assume that such pads are covered with a thin layer of OSP material but I thought these aren't expected to last very long. How long are they supposed to last?

Reply to
Pimpom