Yellow EnergyGuide stickers, how accurate should they be?

Yes, they did become a little longer, from almost 4/hr empty to 2/h when almost totally full. Probably because it regulates to +/-1 degree Fahrenheit.

Do your modern freezers also gurgle a little when they run and you listen closely? Sounds like water trickling in a table fountain. Strange. But modern products make a lot of strange noises, like the new washer we have (front loader, like you have them in Europe) that makes this turbine sound when spinning.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

The cycle times of ours remained the same before and after putting the cable in. Since it's coming out the top it is even less of a problem because cold air tends not to want to rise :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

And then they wonder why people resort to buying cheap imported stuff. Our microwave is one of those $59.95 made-in-China deals. >12 years old, works just like on day one. Not even the VFD which has 100k hours on it has faded.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

If you want to replace the tile, go right ahead. ;-)

HF might have a carbide blade too. Don't know.

Actually, it's just the opposite. Last time she picked out the paint we lived with Pepto-Bismol walls for the next five years. I was the one saying... ;-)

Reply to
krw

Any lawyer worth hiring will "pierce the corporate veil" and own you, too.

Reply to
krw

Interesting. The few I've looked at had some sort of CPLD in there. So you don't have to do any formatting of the configuration file?

It just seems that every I2C device I've used has some weirdness or other. I really have come to hate I2C (OTOH, SPI just works).

One of our LCD displays has its address fixed at zero. Wunnerful.

Linux isn't interesting at all, but I'll take a look at it again.

Reply to
krw

I thougt that doing so required demonstrating *malicious intent* -- stuff like knowingly cooking the books, continuing to market a product after it's been documented that it's clearly unsafe, etc. -- plain old incompetence (even if it has harmed plenty of people) wasn't enough?

Reply to
Joel Koltner

For something like your basestations, it could be -- IMO as soon as you have customers asking for stuff like web-based interfaces, while it certainly is entirely doable with stuff like those little "Ethernet TCP/IP to simple serial" modules (e.g., the Lantronix XPort like John Larkin's stuff has, and similar modules for WiFi), as the complexity grows at some point it starts to become a lot simpler if you just toss a Linux kernel onto a small SBC and now have an insane amount of software available for free.

I mean, I would suspect you've had at least one customer already who's asked, "Can I configure your systems with my iPad?" :-)

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

That's why there needs to be a liability waiver or monetary limit in the contract. My rule is that if a potential client won't sign my standard agreement they need to look for another consultant.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

It's certainly not interesting to me. It's a software thing. ;-)

Not a problem. "Go To My PC". ;-)

Reply to
krw

No special formatting required. It's not much more complicated than the "just plug in a FPGA on one side and pump the bitstream into the USB port on the other" that you mentioned.

Regards, Allan

Reply to
Allan Herriman

or

ting)

or

s of

wife.

.

Ah yes, yet another way the nanny-state's many "minions of protection" encourage us to try new things. I guess that's what happened to chemistry sets.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

You don't think that Schister and Shister can show a jury anything they want to show about an "evil corporation"?

Reply to
krw

Just make sure your client has far deeper pockets that you.

Reply to
krw

Very nice. Thanks! I thought someone would have screwed the pooch somewhere along the way.

Reply to
krw

Sure. That's also the risk with PL insurance: It makes your pockets look deep, because now they are. But what if they sue you for $2M and PL only covers $1M? If they find out that your main assets are a home with a mortgage on there and there's no PL to mine, chances are their lawyers tell them to forget it.

Anyhow, many of us have no choice because we can't get PL.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

My advice still holds. If your client doesn't have deep pockets might come after you instead, no matter what your contract stipulates as maximum liability. If your client does have deep pockets, there is no guarantee but maybe they'll look past you.

Not surprising.

Reply to
krw

players who=20

what=20

win by=20

rather=20

from=20

to any=20

and=20

like=20

No way in hell, that product is too good for the purpose. They would force the use of some hack from an outer arfreeka country that can't do normal CAD worth a damn either.

Reply to
josephkk