Water damage stickers

Some consumer electronics - notably cellphones - has a self-adhesive
label on it that changes color if the device is immersed in water. It's
like the humidity indicator cards you get in chip packages, only less
sensitive.

Can anyone recommend a source of similar stickers or paint? I'm looking
for a simple way to indicate if there has been water ingress at a
couple of weak points in a sealed housing. If this is returned from the
field, it would have had time to dry out before I get to see it.

Thanks.

Re: Water damage stickers
http://www.novavisioninc.com/pages/prd_water_detection_warranty_labels.html

Re: Water damage stickers

Excellent, thanks!

Re: Water damage stickers
Hello Lewin

One easy and cheap method might be to affix paper label snippets that
had been printed with an inkjet printer using non-waterproof ink. Water
typically renders such lettering mushy, sometimes even totally unreadable.

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com

Re: Water damage stickers

It would probably work, but I'd like something reproducible. In one
case I have a screw post going through a label area, I'd like to see if
the seal above the screw has failed.

Re: Water damage stickers

I'm sure there are commercial solutions available. But if you want
something cheap, go to an art supply store and buy some watercolor
paint. Have a rubber stamp made up, dip it in the paint and stamp an
appropriate message onto a paper label.

--
Paul Hovnanian     mailto: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com
Re: Water damage stickers

And how can all this work be cheaper than just ordering a roll by e-mail?

Meindert

Re: Water damage stickers

If he wants to do thousands, it's cheaper.  I'd suggest washable blue
fountain pen ink on a stamp pad.

Site Timeline