Yellow EnergyGuide stickers, how accurate should they be?

I suspect you need something like your tile saw (with a diamond blade)... but that's lower speed (...and with more torque, though, to keep up the power).

Although I wonder how well those fiberglass-backed diamond-impregnated abrasive wheels (that just get slower worn down over time) would work?

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Oh, then I'd need a VF drive because it has an induction motor.

I'd have to make very sharp and clean cuts. Maybe a very fine grind stone could do the 2nd phase of the job. Good idea, thanks for jogging my brain, got to try that.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

(12").

is

I've done a laundry, four bathrooms, and three closets with mine. At the cost of these things it's nuts to rent them. I'm none too fast at this sort of thing, either. ;-)

Did you read the instructions? ;-)

Reply to
krw

How about a VS Dremmel?

Reply to
krw

short to

(12").

knife is

buy

Here it was laundry, hallway, entrance, kitchen, two bathrooms plus two large vanities. Some steps, too.

Problem is, with all the dogs, guide dogs and whatnot the grout is pretty shot by now in some areas. I wonder how much work it would be to get that out and replace it with a darker grout that is less sensitive.

They didn't cover #43 ferrite material :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I forgot to add, that I need more than .5A (but I might be able to get away with .5* 3.3/5).

The crystal oscillator works but not the high-speed internal oscillator (that uses USB for frequency correction). What's really nuts is that they made the internal oscillator the default so you can't even use the crystal oscillator unless you change the EEPROM. You can't change the EEPROM without...

It is for the TI processor. Basically, the DSP makers pay the license fee once (probably for all of their products). They then pay pennies per instead of a piece of *our* action.

;-)

Ours must buy some service for this crap. They've blocked FaceBook and Twitter, and all that. The funny part is that they gave us a corporate signature to add to our emails (I didn't bother - if they want me to use it, they can set the crap up) that had a "See us on Twitter and FaceBook", tag line, when we're not allowed to go there.

Reply to
krw

short to

(12").

splitter

tiles.

knife is

that's

buy

Never heard of a "grout saw" ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

short to

(12").

splitter

tiles.

knife is

that's

buy

take

Sure I did but not how much work that is and how messy. I did a pretty thorough job mashing the grout in there so I guess it'll be tough to get out.

Anyhow, now we know that almost white sanded grout and lots of dogs is not a good combination.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Ok, we don't really need life insurance so I might be a bit biased but the plan at my former employer was better. Many years ago I looked at their health plan, got serious sticker shock and signed up with Kaiser. AFAIK the IEEE health plans have pretty much croaked.

Then I inquired about homeowners. Answer: Oh, sorry, we will not insure El Dorad County. Clearly they are cherry picking.

PL insurance was the real disappointment: A tick in the box "Do you design medical devices" or whatever it was called resulted in a "decline to quote". After a phone conf that include the folks from Lloyds in London I finally get one quote. Way of $5k/year and it excluded recalls. Well, duh! Why do they think we need PL? In case there is an underwater carpet fire? I was then more or less told that guys who design stuff for production aren't suited for this insurance, it's more for scientists. Great. We are the guys that help make the world go round.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

the

short to

saw,

tiles (12").

splitter

tiles.

knife is

an

that's

to buy

take

cost

I replaced the grout in the bathroom walls in my VT house, the during the none months I was "retired". ;-) I now know how *not* to do it.

Get one of the HF Multi-Tools. They should make quick work of what's left.

White is OK for bathrooms, but that's about it.

Reply to
krw

My current employer's life insurance is pretty good. 2X salary. Free. ;-) I still have insurance though IBM, but it's getting quite expensive (that age thing). I think I'll drop it as soon as this house is paid off.

Reply to
krw

Ours takes about an hour as well, much longer than the toploader. Just run the recirc 45min then and you should be covered.

The sensing in these machines is amazing. On the 2nd load we put in a miniscule scoop of this newfangled high efficiency detergent. Too much, it foamed, and the machine sensed that. It inserted some extra rinse cycles until the foam was gone. Turns out this micro-scoop that already looked too small to me was for toploaders. In the fine-print somewhere it read to use only half for these new frontloaders. That way the box of detergent will probably last until Christmas :-)

The machine is so quiet that I can leave the laundry and office doors open even when talking on the phone. That wasn't possible before. So the new washer is quieter than the old one, the new freezer is louder than the old one. Beats me.

what

that.

So far I've only seen the usual Amana deals and similar. Nothing fancy.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

[...]

They look so small. But if they really get the grout outta there I'll have to buy one.

Now I know that, too. I was always voting for darker stuff from the beginning. But, I am not alone :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Small? They're about 3" in diameter and 10" long. Fairly easy to handle, but not in any way small. I have the Dremmel and Bosch versions. For this job I'd likely go out and buy the HF. Grout dust is death on tools. I'd rather sacrifice the HF.

Dremmel has a carbide "half-moon" grout blade for them. HF has a diamond blade but I'd be afraid it would cut the tile too easily.

When I do the work, I get the last word. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Michael A. Terrell schrieb:

Hello,

and the cable to the temperature sensor causes the seals of the freezer to leak some air in and out.

Bye

Reply to
Uwe Hercksen

The chip is put into SPI mode to do it, but it really is JTAG. Several commercial JTAG pods use FTDI devices internally (the ones that don't use Cypress parts, that is).

Ones I design are :) Seriously, it's not hard to make an I2C compliant device - the spec is quite clear and the logic is simple. The spec (at least the original version) has been around since the 80s and the current version is available to download for free. I don't understand why chip designers (other than those at NXP) can't get it right.

I recently tried to access an I2C slave from an SMB controller in an Intel US15W. Couldn't do it - they hadn't bothered to implement enough of the I2C standard to make it work for anything other than SMB peripherals. It didn't even have a bit-bashing fallback mode so that the problem could be solved in software.

Don't recall. I used the Opencores one here:

as it already has a driver available for Linux.

Regards, Allan

Reply to
Allan Herriman

Joerg schrieb:

Hello,

the cycle time depends on the amount of food in the freezer. If the freezer is full, cycle time should be longer.

Bye

Reply to
Uwe Hercksen

(...)

'Way less.

(...)

It is not something a manufacturer is likely to admit. My new fridge had an MTBF of about 3.5 years. Just awful.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Not if you know the right way to use one.

Michael A. Terrell

Ok, I am used to tools like the Bosch Bulldog, which weighs a lot and is several feet with the chisel in there :-)

Ah, thanks, that must be the ticket then. Tool from HF, blade from Dremel. Just like with my tile saw which was cheap but has an expensive blade in there (which did the trick).

... and later "Honey, we shuold have ..."