Windows 10

9.x.x.x is a class A network. not a top level domain

Top level domains are things like .COM .ORG .DK .US .MUSEUM the last part of an FQDN

yesterday I discovered that DNS was resolving the name "IBM"

--
umop apisdn

Jasen Betts

"network" not "domain", not what I meant at all.

Jasen Betts

A lot of wannabe netcops, too.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

True

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

really?

IBM = Inadequate but marketable.

And those words in the early day of PC's were most likely accurate.

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

Since you appear to have coding skills in linux, I do have a question.. How are the API's indexed and searched ? In windows you use the name of a function and it returns a painter, you can also use an index to the table to fetch the pointer but that is bad practice and leads to failures when shared libs are updated.

How does the application index the lib at initiation? I sure hope it isn't hard coded in the apps as to where the functions start, that would be a problem with updates.

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

From the inside "I've been mislead."

Without marketing, nothing else matters.

"...the business enterprise has two -- and only two-- basic functions: marketing and innovation. Marketing and innovation produce results; all the rest are costs. " --Peter Drucker

Reply to
krw

that's kind of vague at some linking stage name becomes a symbol and the symbol ad address.

Mostly it doesn't that's what "ld.so" does. For plugins there's 'dlopen()' etc.

--
umop apisdn

Jasen Betts

Indeed. Although there's money to be made in questioning Drucker's basic utilitarianism.

--
Les Cargill
Reply to

Only against that subset of humanity that codes in Java.

--
Les Cargill
Reply to

find /usr/include -name "*.h" | xargs grep "myEntryPoint"

Alternately, "man myEntryPoint"

--
Les Cargill
Reply to

Yeah, there are many books on the subject. ;-)

Reply to
krw

No. Doubt.

But at the same time. I look at Japan's anemic GDP growth since the '90s and wonder how much of that is Drucker.

Utilitarianism is subject to zero-sum ... problems. This looks like that. Er, a specific *sort* of Utilitarianism, of which we seem to have a lot these days.

Sorry, forgot where I was. What's the best diode for fiddy-nine cents?

--
Les Cargill
Reply to

Don't bother. Our krw doesn't understand that the two statements mean something different.

A "troll" is somebody who posts stuff that they don't believe in order to elicit outraged reactions. It looks more as if krw posts nonsense that he does believe, and is surprised by any outraged reactions.

He's probably not a troll. There'd be more hope for him if he were.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

On a sunny day (Thu, 02 Oct 2014 08:43:12 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

PS It is probably a divide by zero. You can get that with any size variable,. Normally that should cause an exception, It is possible python translates that exception to a nan. Does it initialize variables to zero?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Difficult to disagree.

The problem with this group is that there are occasional nuggets of useful expertise and information, but there's far much heat accompanying those beams of light.

The SNR is so low that it is barely worthwhile reading the group.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I'll modify that.

There are several participants, krw included, that can be useful. But for each one there appears to be an alter-ego that "is in need of a good ignoring", as you do with sulky children.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

On a sunny day (3 Oct 2014 22:02:17 GMT) it happened Jasen Betts wrote in :

Funny: # host ibm.com ibm.com has address 129.42.38.1 ibm.com mail is handled by 10 e31.co.us.ibm.com. ibm.com mail is handled by 10 e5.ny.us.ibm.com.

# host e5.ny.us.ibm e5.ny.us.ibm has address 127.0.53.53 e5.ny.us.ibm mail is handled by 10 your-dns-needs-immediate-attention.ibm.

hehe

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

No. I meant "domain". I don't much care what you meant. If you don't want to be misunderstood, say what you mean.

Reply to
krw

No, Japan's problem is exactly the problem we've been having for the past eight years. Obamanomics.

Sure, it's the same problem but I don't see the "utilitarianism" connection. I see asinine "liberal" economics.

Who is John Galt?

Reply to
krw