phase noise/jitter plot

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com

On a sunny day (Tue, 30 Sep 2014 17:14:00 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

Is that your oscillator? What exactly are you measuring?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

That !@#$#@! dropbox just crashed my system, ...again!

Reply to
RobertMacy

On a sunny day (Wed, 01 Oct 2014 06:40:54 -0700) it happened RobertMacy wrote in :

Running windows?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

The numbers that I plugged in were from the data sheeet of a Wenzel OCXO. There are other 155 MHz parts with similar performance, phase noise down 90 or 100 dB at 10 Hz offset.

This Abracon online program calculates RMS jitter, given the phase noise specs. I thought it was cool, because it makes a PDF for future reference.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Yes. Actually, the 'crash' is the virus/malware protection. If any website tries to nose around inside my system, my system stops.

So far, only websites like dropbox, LinkedIn, Facbook, etc. those 'free' sites almost ALWAYS crash my system. Have no idea what they're trying to do, but my system will NOT allow it.

Reply to
RobertMacy

calculate the integrated power in each freq band based on the BW of each band and the noise density add up all the powers take the square root that is the jitter in radians RMS convert to UI or degrees as desired take 1/ the carrier frequency for the total period combine the above to get jitter

Mark

Reply to
makolber

On a sunny day (Wed, 01 Oct 2014 07:20:01 -0700) it happened RobertMacy wrote in :

I run Linux, I have an ad blocker in the Seamonkey browser. No crashes. That file downloaded fine with wget: wget --no-check-certificate

did not even use the browser.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Are they only innocuous ads? I get those, sometimes. From some of these 'free' websites, I hear my disk access starting up as though someone is 'looking around' and sometimes nothing appears on the screen, but usually 'crash' and it stops. Maybe just ads, maybe not.

Reply to
RobertMacy

On a sunny day (Wed, 01 Oct 2014 10:34:18 -0700) it happened RobertMacy wrote in :

I dunno, I got fed up with seeing money begging ads with litte black kids in God knows where place maybe because it reminded me of 0bama .

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Note that usually, these plots are single sideband, so you need to add 3db when calculating jitter.

Kevin Aylward

- SuperSpice

Reply to
Kevin Aylward

That's pretty good. However, is this Sine wave or Square, and what's the power supply voltage?

Kevin Aylward

- SuperSpice

Reply to
Kevin Aylward

Sounds like the Blazing Saddles hostage technique--"Back off, or the computer gets it."

(

)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

and the chiming in reaffirmation, "He'll do it, too!"

Reply to
RobertMacy

Ah, I bet you had a tab open in FF that was viewing PDF file already?

It may also happen in IE, not sure but, I know if I try to view PDF files in more than one tab, FF crashes... You have to shut down the tab that is current showing a PDF before viewing another.

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

If not the multiple PDF viewing in the browser you may have FLASH or Java Script issues.

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

usually

Innocuous? Mabye, maybe not. Just the same in all browsers (i normally use firefox) i add tools like NoScript, AdBlock+, and Ghostery. If a page won't load with that in place i don't need to see it. I do not have issues with dropbox usually. Facebook etc., tends to be more problematic.

Oh and that probing is looking for support for the adware.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Yes agreed thank you for the detail Mark

Reply to
makolber

Turn off the ugly FF pdf viewer. Install Foxit, and not as a browser plugin.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I would like to have another PDF viewer, but so many of them come with malware... from techsupportalert.com

"Caution! Foxit is bundled with a variety of unwanted components that will attempt to install toolbars and change your system settings."

Do you know where to get a copy of Foxit that doesn't include all the malware?

--

Rick
Reply to