Windows 10

That's obviously a monitor problem. Or a video card problem. Or a driver problem. Or a cable problem.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

My guys put printf()s into their code to debug. Recall, this *is* the year 2014.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

just to load the mouse and keyboard drivers.

Krw is inventing stuff again. I don't eat donuts, so that even if I used a touch screen - which I don't (except on my portable phone, where I've got t o use a stylus to match the resolution of the screen) - I wouldn't have a p roblem.

I've not yet had any need to concoct a PowerPoint presentation, so integrat ing a theremin input scarcely counts as an immediate need. My wife did give me a Rogers pointer once, and it still lives in my brief case, along with the other stuff that might be useful at a job interview, in the unlikely ev ent of my ever having one. I got the - unpaid - job of being Treasurer for the NSW branch or the IEEE (with its 2,774 members) without anybody botheri ng with a formal interview, and my last job interview was in 2009.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

can teach it to you in an hour, in Linux.

Multitasking and realtime are frequently common to the OS. There is often no other way to do the job at hand. Just the same realtime requires careful and thoughtful design. Read Hatley and Pirbai (sp?) on the topic.

Reply to
josephkk

Oh, thanks. That must be the answer.

Reply to
John S

Windows works in the way IT WANTS TO -- so do you mean that "just" works implies total loss of control ?

Reply to
dakupoto

You have hit the nail right on the head.

Reply to
dakupoto

That is exactly the problem. An applications programmer should have to do any "peek/poke" operations.

Reply to
dakupoto

On Wed, 1 Oct 2014 21:58:58 -0700 (PDT), Bill Sloman Gave us:

Leave it to you to tie those two together, when such an interface mode would have application replacing the entire current pointing and picking "cursor" motion technology.

Such an interface has nothing to do with Powerpoint, idiot.

And *you* obtained a doctorate?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

What did *you* obtain, and from what institution or hospital?

Reply to
John S

A single point of data *is* all it takes disprove a false universal statement, such as your about "Windows just working".

I suggest a course in elementary logic might be of benefit for you.

As you wrote earlier in your posting "You're trying to prove something with an anecdote. Don't work that way."

At least try to make your individual statements within one posting consistent!

As you wrote earlier in your posting "You're trying to prove something with an anecdote. Don't work that way."

At least try to make your individual statements within one posting consistent!

No, I didn't check there were Linux drivers before I bought the peripherals, for the simple reason I wasn't using Linux at the time!

Please try not to confuse "I've been contradicted" with "I've been lied to". It makes you look like a either fool or troll, or a foolish troll.

Troll.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

When windows doesn't work you turn into beggar.

When Mac doesn't work you turn into an exile.

--
umop apisdn

Jasen Betts

everything, even disk?

--
umop apisdn

Jasen Betts

It's spot-on, phones are overrated. :)

--
umop apisdn

Jasen Betts

About as often as I've reinstalled windows to solve a windows problem. the advantage to recompiling the kernel is that the system is still somewhat usable during the recompile.

--
umop apisdn

Jasen Betts

Den torsdag den 2. oktober 2014 02.16.46 UTC+2 skrev snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz:

I've never recompiled Linux for a desktop,

I've done it many times for an embedded board where I'm the one building the hw

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

God Lord, Slowman. No one is forcing you to demonstrate just how stupid a PhD can be!

Reply to
krw

It's often an (W)LAN problem. It seems that if the connection to the network is flaky, it'll wander off trying to reconnect and nothing happens during that time. Sometimes annoying when trying to work offline but manageable (turn off the radios).

Reply to
krw

It's in there. Try reading it again. Maybe it'll sink in.

Reply to
krw

You've never recomplied any apps, either? I'm not believing you.

Different issue. I have no problems with Linux as an embedded platform. OTOH, it makes a crappy desktop platform unless your job is designing embedded systems (software).

Reply to
krw