Why is electronics so complicated?

That rules you AND Marlow out.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

No, it isn't. If it is used to spray through (which it is, it is a stencil.

Tell the other idiot that is why the eights have filled centers.

And chips were stamped. Silk screens and lot codes do not get along well.

You're the wrong one, mirror boy.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

They carry and use our gear. They have banks of spares in their hangars, and trade out right on the flight line for new and send the fail to us for repair all the time from all over the world.

Our gear is on all currently active aircraft in use by all allies in all theaters. That includes ALL F-16s. Spares abound of ANY critical subsystem, and the birds are made such that most of those are modular and can be directly traded out en mass , thus moving the repair point to another time and or place, keeping the bird flight ready by the utilization of the new, run ready spare.

You lose... again and again and again and again ... as usual.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

AlwaysWrong always has to prove how wrong he can be.

Wrong again, AlwaysWrong.

Reply to
krw

AlwaysWrong, is *SURPRISE* wrong. *Always*.

Reply to
krw

Why is electronics so complicated? You've got to be smarter than the dial tone.

G > You've got to be smarter than the dial tone.

Archie > That rules you AND Marlow out.

Oh ARCHIE!

Reply to
Greegor

JL > Only four fecal references in five JL > paragraphs? Are you going straight JL > or something?

G > Be careful about assessing Archie! He hates that!

krw > How can you tell?

G > Good question! =A0 LOL G >

G > >He called me "assessment boy" once. G >

G > But then he also promised to file a law suit against me! G > ROFL

krw > As long as he doesn't call you an asshole, krw > you're alright. =A0If he did, that means he krw > loves you and wants to take you home krw > to mommy's hamper.

Yech!

Reply to
Greegor

Archie > Aircraft carriers purchase spares in TENsies. Archie >=A0And we are talking about quarter mil pieces too.

Since when would an Aircraft Carrier purchaase anything?

krw > AlwaysWrong is *ALWAYS* wrong. Look krw > up the history of the F-16 contract krw > sometime, DimBub. =A0...if you can read.

Archie > They carry and use our gear. =A0They have Archie > banks of spares in their hangars, and Archie > trade out right on the flight line for new Archie > and send the fail to us for repair all Archie > the time from all over the world. Archie >

Archie > Our gear is on all currently active aircraft Archie > in use by all allies in all theaters. =A0That Archie > includes ALL F-16s. =A0Spares abound of Archie > ANY critical subsystem, and the birds Archie > are made such that most of those are Archie > modular and can be directly traded out Archie > en mass , thus moving the repair point to Archie > another time and or place, keeping the Archie > bird flight ready by the utilization of the Archie > new, run ready spare.

Are you pretending you work for Rockwell Collins Avionics, Archie?

Reply to
Greegor

Come back when you learn how things get appropriated on a warship.

Short of that, f*ck off, you retarded twit.

No, but your attempts at "research" are just as retarded as all the other total horseshit you post here.

Idiots like you must be put in your pathetic place.

Oh... that's right, you never left your pathetic place. That is your norm.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

At one of my side consulting jobs (Semco), they bought retired IC printing machines to print the dipped mica caps. They were rubber stamps on a rotating wheel. They did a beautiful job.. You simply selected the type rubber needed for the surface and longevity. Hard rubber for flat surfaces and soft for non conforming surfaces, like dipped mica's etc. Feeders were also selected depending on the package type.

I guess they're various ways of doing it.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

I bet aircraft carriers don't have *any* spares for F-16s. Of course AlwaysWrong has always been and will always be wrong. It does give him the attention he so badly needs, though.

Night janitor.

Reply to
krw

You're pretty stupid if you think that ANY F-16s ever use carriers. You lose, again, as usual.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

Then why did you say they did, AlwaysWrong?!

Reply to
krw

AW said that no ICs were ever screened. A single screened chip, out of billions made, would make him wrong.

John

Makes it easy, doesn't it? Back in the seventies I visited the shop of a guy who (among other things) would buy ICs (LSTTL, or TTL IIRC), remove the markings and silk-screen his own company name (RDS) on them. He had a ton of PCBA machinery in his shop and some design skills (unfortunately not including EMC). High tech parts such as 7447 and 7490. ;-)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Some jack off friend of another jack off does not qualify as a chip maker, so whatever the dippy, retarded bastard did with the chips has nothing to do with a manufactured product.

And I'll bet that he did not screen print the crap he stole either.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

PACKAGES are often silk-screened.

I don't know of any COMMERCIAL CHIP (*) that ever was processed that way... the resolution is adequate.

But Thick film hybrids are mostly done that way.

(*) Perhaps some dingledorf PhD candidate has done a one-off diode, or maybe that's what they teach in Louisiana or at BU ;-) ...Jim Thompson

ISTR that some "Chips were NEVER "silk screen printed". Not ever... not once."

He was more eccentric than 'dippy' or 'retarded'. He managed a successful manufacturing company with a double digit number of employees, which is more than many can pull off.

Screen printed. He had a NuArc exposure unit and made his own screens for panels and such like, as well as chips.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Christ! You are worse of a retarded pussy than Larkin is!

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

Archie, how do you expect folks not to make assessments when you go off like this?

Reply to
Greegor