Why are IPods so expensive.

Why are these Ipods so expensive, what makes them so special, apart from their microelectronics

Reply to
Qanset

Apple brand.

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Define "expensive"

Reply to
atec77

Apple.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

They are only expensive if you cannot afford them.

Reply to
Wayne.

Marketing. What else would it be?

Reply to
=?iso-8859-1?b?SmXfdXM=?=

Their electronics is not what makes them special. You are paying for the branding, the styling, the integration, the firmware etc

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 20:30:40 +1100, Qanset put finger to keyboard and composed:

The "i".

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Two words, "profit margin".

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

.....Or compared to similar MP3 players.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Actually, it's the iSmoke

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

they

One of my pet hates is the number of ad's that claim "you're worth it". (almost every one of them at the moment it seems)

And every time I hear it I think, "Yes, but is your product!!!!!!"

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Judging by all the responses, it seems that ipods are simply NOT worth the money that Apple are charging. Thank goodness for MP3 players (eg Sandisk)

Reply to
Qanset

They are simply not worth it to *you*. To other people they are worth every cent Apple are charging. Everyone has different requirements, just like for almost every other product in existence, Apple are fundamentally no different. They offer a product at a given price. If it doesn't suit or is not worth it to *you*, then *you* can decide to go elsewhere or go without.

My phone has a decent MP3 player, so my Creative MP3 player now used as nothing more than a USB memory stick.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

every

Good luck to them then, people have a right to waste their money however they like, as long as they don't whinge about it later. I still hear a lot of complaints from iPod owners though, even the ones I advised to buy something else. Then I just say "I told you so" :-)

There are enough cunning scams for me to not worry about the obviously blatant ones like Nigerian Bankers and iPods. Some people deserve those IMO.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Sure beats using and ipod.

Reply to
Qanset

Including Readers DIgest who wave Large sums of easy money in your face, so they can seduce you into buying their products.

Reply to
Qanset