What is a Micromaster WP-6011?

Picked up one apparently new and unused at an auction. The entire web is conspicuously silent.

Appears to be a really dumb intelligent controller.

Age, value, and data link?

-- Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073 Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552 rss:

email: snipped-for-privacy@tinaja.com

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at

Don Lancaster

Please supply a bit more information.

Google gave me 1,340,000 hits all over the map.

A pic would be better, an internal pic would be best.

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

We have some of their products still being used.. What you have there is a PID type of controller, one that can follow a reference signal (encoder) or be the master.

Some of them had multi displays, a standard LED for reference information like Speed, RPM or parameter values, etc. and the other display could be a alpha numerical type dotted LED display..

Like I said, some came that way. I found an image of what could be yours that you have and it states that it does 6 Amps, this may mean it has a small internal DC drive in it along with the PID trim controller ect. In any case, for a better guess, maybe you should post a good image of the back terminals and front panel..

BUt then again, it seems that Tek has some kind of calibrator that pops up on that description.

IN any case, these controllers usually allow you to monitor events of what is going on with some IO in the back and and IO that lets you remotely control it..

etc.

Maybe you have something else?

Reply to
Jamie

Your description is accurate. Still need a value and a data link.

It must be horribly obsolete.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster

Is it a Minarik Controller? Ther is a manual for the WP6211 ( the replacement) on their website.

Martin Riddle

1980's sort-of PLC looks like.

Bottom line, IMHO, if you can find someone who has a machine down because it died, it's worth good money. It might take years to find such a situation. If you need dump it now, probably worth less than shipping cost.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Not really, we just had one put together to replace a bad unit in an existing machine. The machine had to be operating and after calling around, we found the company that originally made that product line and told us they had all the parts there to make another one (new), so for $1100 bucks, and after we gave them the serial number of ours, they were able to put together a new one and ship it to us in 2 days..

They use a universal type assembly that allows them to make various products with the same size din and optional IO's.

The people that made your product also made or maybe still do, drives of various types. We have a few DC low HP regen drives made by them.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Would you like an apparently "as new" original in factory packaging for one third their price?

Serial TDR-0433.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster