Batteryless bicycle lights, new kind dynamo

No battery is needed. No friction on any parts of the bicycle. Based on a newly invented generator, this light system works regardless the bicycle's speed and weather conditions (not like normal dynamos!).

our website:

iwicom

It's been ripped apart on this group before. The page does admit that it's not completely dragless, but shows quite a bit of ignorance about physics. If he's going from mechanical motion to LED's with fairly low loss he's doing well. If he's actually generating enough light to be seen then that's pretty good.

I suspect that he _is_ getting more efficiency at low speeds with his tumbling magnet idea, and it's pretty easy to beat the usual wheel-on-the-tire arrangement. I doubt that it'd light up the road like a good generator (I've always wanted a Sturmy-Archer Dynohub).

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Hey, Conservation of Energy has finally been overcome! About time.

John

Congress just repealed it and Bush signed it, in case you did not notice.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster
Synergetics   3860 West First Street  Box 809  Thatcher, AZ 85552
voice: (928)428-4073 email: don@tinaja.com

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to
Don Lancaster

I thought he was a Conservative.

John

Wow, we always wanted this kind of perpetum mobile. ... It won't slow me down ... ( Worldwide patents panding. ) Great. Can I order a 10MW machine ?

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

Thanks Tim, The usual wheel-on-the-tire got improved meanwhile. They are using brushless DC motors with rather high efficieny. When you're out in the nowhere where at certain wheather conditions it can be darker than in a cow, even high brightness 10W are not that much. The local bike store sells twin 10W beams for $100++

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

There was an article in one of the mech.engineering mags (Eureka maybe) this month on a neat product that fits inside the pedal, using a small generator and capacitor to provide lighting from the rotation of the pedal shaft.

Mike Harrison

They are right there. Where is there friction? Drag yes, but not friction. They do admit that on another page.

Reply to
Dave

What one needs is a lighting system with a rechargeable battery and a generator that cuts in when the bike is going downhill or braking.

"A doctor can bury his mistakes but an architect can only
advise his client to plant vines." -- Frank Lloyd Wright
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

snip

month on a neat

provide lighting from

A bit OT, but the website in question has

?

in the top LH corner

any ideas?

martin