* WARNING * Capacitors will explode this week

The government has issued an alert to notify people that aging capacitors are expected to explode this week. They are not sure why this is happening at this time, but said that this coming week is the most likely time that capacitors will begin to explode.

Small capacitors, (less than one inch in size) will explode which will emit toxic fumes and may cause a fire. Large capacitors can explode in a manner similar to a stick of dynamite, possibly killing people and destroying structures.

Electronic devices containing capacitors DO NOT need to be connected to an electrical source to explode. It's a chemical reaction, and applied power is not necessary to cause deadly explosions.

If you have any electronics in your home or office, which is likely to contain capacitors, REMOVE IT IMMEDIATELY. Get it as far away from homes, and other buildings as quickly as possible. DO NOT DELAY.

The following is a partial list of electronics which contain capacitors:

Televisions Radios Cellphones Computers Microwave ovens Clocks Stereos PA Equipment Guitar Amps Hearing aids Medical monitoring electronics Refrigerators Electric ranges HVAC equipment Automobiles CB Radios Digital Cameras LED lights (including flashlights) Automotive testers Telephone gear Electronic doorbell chimes Heart pacemakers Electronic games and toys Electric meters Electric water pumps Anything containing an electric motor

And much more.....

ACT NOW - DO NOT DELAY!

Reply to
WARNING

bitrex

No, I don't think removing my pacemaker would be a good idea. Nothing else in the list is inside me, so no need to remove them, either.

Reply to
krw

Done. All safely at the bottom of our swimming pool now!

Reply to
Chris

Ha, ha, nice one!

Happy April Fools to you too.

John ;-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson

...but back in the real world a capacitor is blamed for an exploding train:

John

Reply to
jrwalliker

my CAPACITY for belief of the above is sufficient to store (maybe) one electron.

Reply to
Robert Baer