WARNING !!!!!!!

** WARNING to ALL Aus.Electronics readers !!!

Do NOT have any dealings ** whatsoever ** with the

ANONYMOUS raving psychopath calling itself "Dave".

This guy is a raving, GRANDIOSE NUT CASE

The guy is dangerously SELF DELUDED !!!!!

Report immediately any apparently dangerous and / or illegal IEC leads you find to the relevant state safety authority - that will be the same state from which the item/s were supplied.

If YOU have bought any such leads from overseas - then YOU are the importer and must DESTROY them and replace them with locally APPROVED and correctly labelled examples.

Failure to do so could result in YOU facing criminal prosecution and a massive damages pay out.

Do not imagine any liability insurer will touch you with a * barge pole * if you are guilty of passing on illegal and unsafe electrical goods.

YOU have been WARNED !!!!

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

PA has finally completely unhinged!!!

Reply to
ian field

What do you mean, "finally"?

Reply to
Otter

Is it a full moon? Toaster Boi normally plays up when there's a full moon. Hence a friend of mine says "I think there's a bad moon a rising........" (CCR)

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge

"Alan Rutlidge" moon.

...............or his dealer got some more crystal meth!

Reply to
ian field

I got a blast for content snipping before, yet... I think what is causing the latest outburst is the content Phil snipped out of my previous post. I am reposting this because I noticed it didn't propogate onto the bigpond servers (how unusual). Since we have different ISPs at our different offices, one of which is bigpond (the least reliable too I might add) I will post it again...

Just to re-iterate Phil's warning, we are obviously dangerouly deranged. Seriously, as he pointed out please do contact the regulator in the state you purchased the product, they are a serious hazard, otherwise we wouldn't be wasting our time with this project.

======== For kreed, and any others holding similar leads, if you do not wish to contact one of the State based regulators yourself then please feel free to email me and I will add these to the details for a number of samples I already hold. As time permits my company has been preparing test reports (gratis) against AS/NZS3191 and AS/NZS3112 for non-compliant leads. These tests will be completed over the next 30 days and a detailed submission including the test reports will be submitted to both the NSW DFT and the Qld DIR.

Anyone wishing to submit samples will be required to make a statement regarding the time and point of supply, the details will be discussed by email and telephone. Please note, if you supply any samples they must be recently purchased and please do not go out looking for items to specifically send to us as this program is drawing to a close. Samples that are sent may or may not be used as part of the testing program. Most likely they will be used to cross-reference against those that are already in the program. Samples will not be returnable once received but instead I will offer a replacement cord by return post. Until such time as the regulators conduct and conclude an investigation we will not be able to individually supply or publicly release test results or findings, otherwise we risk getting sued.

For the record we are not in the cord business, nor the supply of any other type of consumer products that would profit from the action we are taking. This is solely being done because of the gravity of the problem and in the interest of the public good. We are not receiving reward nor recompense for this action, which was commenced in Sept 2006.

I can be contacted on the following email: au snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com.au In the subject line please put "AU cord-set compliance review"

=========

Reply to
Dave
[...]

I think we've all got the message now Phil.

Friday

Reply to
Friday

"Friday"

** Anonymous Dave is still posting his crazy crap here.

And YOU do no speak for anyone, f****it.

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Looks to me like this Dave fellow is trying to do the right thing, and he doesn't appear to be a foul-mouthed lunatic. How about you leave him alone and go and shout at traffic?

Reply to
Poxy

"Poxy the Anonymous Prick "

** Shame anonymous, grandiose " Dave " has done every WRONG thing possible so far.
** Poxy has no idea WHO the hell Dave is.

Poxy has no idea what Dave is REALLY up to.

Cos Poxy has proved himself, over and over, to be an even BIGGER raving nut than the mysterious Dave.

Poxy by name - poxy by nature.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Switch the webcam on so we can all watch the vein bulging in your forehead.

Reply to
ian field

No. You are wrong. He's offered to take evidence of sub-standard, possibly dangerous leads forward to the relevant authorities if individuals don't want to pursue the issue themselves.

This is a very serious issue - surely you realise this - what are you offering to do? Post in capital letters and abuse people?

If I'm a "raving nut" because I think sub-standard mains cables are a terrible risk that could result in catastrophic failure that endangers life and should be addressed urgently, then I'll happily accept the label.

The question is, why do you seek to belittle, abuse and sabotage the efforts of a concerned individual that is seeking to take positive action?

Reply to
Poxy

Because that's his lot in life. And his attentions go beyond any individual.

Reply to
Otter

"Poxy the Anonymous Prick "

** Poxy - you are an utter FUCKWIT !

** That anonymous Dave idiot is not offering to do any bloody thing.

Here are the FACTS:

Any dealers supplying dangerous IEC appliance leads must be stopped ASAP - in order to save lives.

The ONLY way to do that is by reporting them to the relevant authority ASAP - which involves no more than a phone call and maybe supplying a sample lead to them by mail.

Action can then be taken virtually immediately - the culprit will receive a visit from government inspectors with legal authority to confiscate dangerous items and initiate prosecutions.

If the problem is seen to be widespread - public warning notices will be published in the media.

When I raised this same matter here back on 2002, Ross Herbert took the sample IEC lead that I posted to him in Perth to the WA electrical safety authority. WA inspectors then carried out a shop to shop sweep of a large number of PC dealers in the Perth area, checking the both the stock on show & buried in cartons and making sure the dealers were all aware of the strict legal regulations regarding the sale of such leads.

When I contacted Fair Trading here is Sydney, the inspectors assured me they would act very quickly if provided with the name and address of anyone suppling illegal and dangerous IEC leads.

So, if anyone out there has an IEC lead like the one mentioned by "kreed" & knows where and who it came from then there is ONLY one responsible thing for them to do.

Why anyone would NOT wish do that is beyond comprehension.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Where do we report dangerous nut cases on the loose?!!!

Reply to
ian field

"ian field" wrote

Where do we report dangerous nut cases on the loose?!!!

***When did you get out???

Brian g

Reply to
Brian g