Voltage multiplier

Silicon PN junctions! Here's one example.

Some of these things have quantum efficiencies of 1000! Those xray photons pack a punch.

John

We have a nice foot shear down in the machine shop, and an old crappy cheap rusty hand brake/shear thing in the corner. The good foot shear has a sign on it DO NOT USE FOR FR4 so I have to use the horrible old one.

John

Get a small bandsaw and a very fine pitch blade, and an upright belt sander with a nice, large, flat platen sitting next to it.

Absolutely smooth, straight finished edges,

Brakes and shears are for metal.

Glass is harder than steel. That is why a glass cutter does not actually make "a cut" in the glass, and why they dull. You can actually sharpen a knife with a big piece of FR4. I have some

0.3" x 1.25" x 6" 'sticks' of it, and it really works almost as good as a razor strap.

Dremel cut-off wheel works too (bigger is available), though considerations must be made to handle the particulate created.

Reply to
SoothSayer

On a sunny day (Fri, 30 Sep 2011 12:01:26 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

I thought you wanted 128 bit 100 cores?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

lem.

ome

something like this works magic on fr4, not sure if you might be able to use water with fr4 to keep the dust down

f=3Ddp_cp_ob_diy_title_3

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

Wow, that's intense. I have a set of aircraft shears with serrated blades that I've been cutting FR4 with for a decade. They still work fine, although not too many of my cuts are that straight. (Of course, in a dead bug prototype, wiggly cuts aren't usually the main aesthetic issue...)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Never thought of that. I have a wet saw, though I don't very often cut FR4 at home. Yes, keeping the dust down is important. I'm sure your lungs would appreciate it. However, FR4 will pick up water.

Reply to
krw

I occasionally grab a 12x12 sheet of copperclad FR4 and shear it up into an assortment of different sized squares, and keep them in a baggie in my office, for breadboarding. The shear is fast, quiet, clean, and makes beautiful cuts.

John

How about this?

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/Core_304bits.jpg

A 304 bit RAM.

John

On a sunny day (Mon, 03 Oct 2011 12:51:25 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

Why magnetic? This saves power:

Jan Panteltje