high voltage, low current transistors?

OK, so my boss asked me to source some transistors that operate in the

100 volts plus, sub 100 micro amp range. Has he been drinking too much Pepsi, or do such things actually exist? (remove first h for email)
Reply to
Smitty Two

MMBTA42 (SMT) MPSA42 (TO-92)

Around a nickel US or less in moderate volume.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

The MPSA42 (NPN) and MPSA92 (PNP) are both capable of handling 300V and sub milliamp currents. They are available in quantities of 100 or so on Ebay.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

"Smitty Two" skrev i melding news: snipped-for-privacy@news.west.cox.net...

Unmount a CRT-screen/tv and look for the printcard mounted on the rear end of the CRT tube. On that card, you'll find three transistors that operates well for high voltage and low current.

Reply to
Geir Klemetsen

the

much

end

operates

The threee transistors that drive the three colors are made to dissipate quite a bit of power, and are not low current. They have load resistors that are power resistors, and handle several watts.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

I'll go with the audience, Meredith. Forwarded the data sheets on the MPSA42/92 to the man upstairs and got them rubber-stamped. Thanks, audience!!! Watson and Spehro saved me a lot of work!

Reply to
Smitty Two

"Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, the Dark Remover"" skrev i melding news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

----

quite a bit of power Correct

I'm disagree. Read the specs for them. Mostly, they wont be able to draw more than 100 - 200 mA.

watts. That is right. You are dealing with power transistors: High voltage an not so high current.

Reply to
Geir Klemetsen

The OP is looking for around 0.1 mA or less.

Mark

Reply to
redbelly